Thread: I think I need Glasses

Cool I think I need Glasses

I've always thought I had good vision and last time I had an eye test I had 20/20 or better (been a few years).

I've had a worker on vacation for 2 weeks (1 more to go) so I've been filling in at his bench. He has a magnifying visor (various flip down lenses) along with a pair of standard magnifying lenses.

At first I put on the glasses & whoa! I sure could see clearly but strange when I turned my head (peripheral vs lens view). Then I broke out his visor. Then I ordered my own. Next I'll be buying cheap-o magnifying lenses I'm sure, and probably a visit to the optometrist friend.

TVWBB Fan
    I just bought magnifying reading glasses. Before buying them, if something was difficult to read, I'd take a picture of it with my phone. Then I'd zoom in/ expand the picture so I could read it. Sucks to get old.

Clint don't buy cheap Lenses you'll regret it... They will make you dizzy nausea and give you a killer headache... It's not worth it brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_D View Post
    I just bought magnifying reading glasses. Before buying them, if something was difficult to read, I'd take a picture of it with my phone. Then I'd zoom in/ expand the picture so I could read it. Sucks to get old.
    Beats the alternative

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_D View Post
    That's my trick! Should've seen me trying to read the instructions on a bottle of muscinex a couple weeks ago, & on some tiny print instructions included with some sort of electronic device. Why is the print so small, I wondered.

Quote Originally Posted by James N View Post
    Clint don't buy cheap Lenses you'll regret it... They will make you dizzy nausea and give you a killer headache... It's not worth it brother.
    Any pointers? Avoid what they sell at Walgreens, the grocery store, and Home Depot? I bought some from there before just to see if they worked for me, had a couple friends who used those)

Quote Originally Posted by LMichaels View Post
    Beats the alternative
    I've heard that death is only hard for the survivors...... kind of like stupid people: they're fine, it's those around them that suffer.