Enchilada wings with Chipotle cilantro crema dipping sauce

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
Pretty simple recipe. Mix one can enchilada sauce with 2 tablespoons franks wing sauce, marinate or inject and marinate wings (I made a double batch). I didn't inject and definitely would do that next time. I did marinate the wings overnight. Pull wings from marinade and season with taco seasoning. Reserve marinade to boil down for glaze. I ended up having to thicken with a bit of corn starch. I cooked these in the 14.5 High temp with cherry and lump. Basted with the thickened marinade every 15 minutes.
Once cooked place in oven proof dish. Top with grated cheese and put under broiler until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with crema.

Crema - 1 cup sour cream or Mexican style crema, one cup fresh cilantro, 2 cloves of garlic grated, squeeze of lime, chipotle powder to taste.

44772457604_6ecc0e780d_c.jpg

45497594211_c91408d354_c.jpg

45497592911_919fb60370_c.jpg

Yum. A lotta work for wings, but worth it.

We have the same trailer tongue-box. Better keep it waxed or painted - they rust rather quickly (typical HF quality).

Yum. A lotta work for wings, but worth it.

We have the same trailer tongue-box. Better keep it waxed or painted - they rust rather quickly (typical HF quality).

Yeah gotta love HF products! So far no issues and I drove a ton of gravel this summer. Rocks seems to hit just past the sides of the box so its holding up good. The swivel jack is also HF and I'm not super impressed with it. I'll be upgrading it when it craps out.

I like it, Case! I fun twist on wings, and since I frequently make a ton of enchilada (Chile Colorado) sauce when I make it, I almost always have some around. I'll have to give this one a try!

R

I like it, Case! I fun twist on wings, and since I frequently make a ton of enchilada (Chile Colorado) sauce when I make it, I almost always have some around. I'll have to give this one a try!

R

Thank you Rich! Super easy to make. I'd up the franks next time or added some jalapeno to the marinade. I was looking for more of a kick. Of course if i'd used homemade sauce it might have been better.

Interesting take on wings, looks really good Case. We don't buy wings very often to expensive here at almost $10lb. I might give that a shot with thighs at $.89 a pound not a big risk if we don't like it. But what's not to like Enchilada sauce, Frank's, cheese, Crema, cilantro all good stuff.

Interesting take on wings, looks really good Case. We don't buy wings very often to expensive here at almost $10lb. I might give that a shot with thighs at $.89 a pound not a big risk if we don't like it. But what's not to like Enchilada sauce, Frank's, cheese, Crema, cilantro all good stuff.

Thank you! Its all good stuff. Man we can get wings on sale pretty cheap here. Normally I buy them whole, but these were the parts from the freezer section.

Case, those wings look fantastic and yes we will be trying them. You can't help but like it, if covered with Enchilada sauce, cheese, Crema and cilantro. Great job as always.

Looks outstanding Case. I've never injected wings before but the marinade sounds great. Will give this a go one day soon.

Back