Thread: Are you an aspiring Dentist? -or- Do you want to save some money?

Are you an aspiring Dentist? -or- Do you want to save some money?

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...5M57SW/tvwb-20

Bone expander kit for Dental Implantologists, bone spreading, sinus lift BY ARTMAN

There are only a few reviews but they're good ones.

TVWBB Diamond Member Len Dennis's Avatar
    OMG!!! I honestly can't believe this would be on amaz let alone have 4 reviews !!!!!!!!!!
    So many recipes, so little time
    : Genesis gas grill 18.5" WSM Maverick ET-732 :

Quote Originally Posted by Len Dennis View Post
    OMG!!! I honestly can't believe this would be on amaz let alone have 4 reviews !!!!!!!!!!
    I know! I had an implant put in last year and it was quite a process - extract the tooth, pack the socket with some sort of filler - wait 3 months. X-ray, then drilled in the socket & twist in a titanium receptacle, wait another 3 months, then go in for the "new tooth". I was quoted ~$3400 but I think mine cost >$5k.

TVWBB Platinum Member Phil Perrin's Avatar
    I need to tell Pammi about this!
    She recently went to her dentist and was told that she had major decay under a crown, and that an implant was her best course.
    Of course, neither her nor my dental insurance covers implants.
    She told me to make sure that I get the coverage that covers implants when I renew my insurance in a couple weeks.
    Uh, hate to tell you this baby, but my dental insurance is a "do you want it or not" type of deal. There aren't any levels to it!
    Proud veteran of the US Army!

TVWBB Super Fan
    I had an implant placed a couple of year ago. After 11 years without a tooth in that socket, I had an extra 3+ months for a bone graft. The oral surgeon had asked me if I wanted a local or a general anesthetic. Having been dumb enough to look up video of the implant process, "Doc, just knock me out, I don' wanna know." I also asked him if he had the calibration certs for the torque wrench. "Oh, yeah. You want to see them?"

I'm not aware of any dental insurance that considers implants to be anything but experimental. I dropped over $5g out of pocket on mine.

There were levels to mine: $31 or $33, they weren't able to explain the difference clearly enough to me. I had dental select prior to my latest dentist (of 7-8 years) who didn't accept it so I added it to my medical (BCBS)

....I hate dealing with insurance & Drs - really have to pay attention, they are shady AF as far as I'm concerned. I need to go to the foot dr next, I've been dealing with some pain for a little over a year now.

Quote Originally Posted by JKalchik View Post
    <snip> I also asked him if he had the calibration certs for the torque wrench. "Oh, yeah. You want to see them?"
    I asked mine if he got his TW @ Harbor Freight
    Last edited by Clint; 10-21-2018 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JKalchik View Post
    I'm not aware of any dental insurance that considers implants to be anything but experimental. I dropped over $5g out of pocket on mine.
    Mine and Lorraine's ins both cover (most of) it. BUT not enough "bone" to get it placed (even with a graft) so it's on hold.

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Bob Correll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Dennis View Post
    Read the reviews for a laugh, no verified buyers..............yet.

Next thing they'll have is a Do-it-Yourself Home Embalming Kit. For the man that has everything

Oh wait, they do! Unfortunately, they're sold out. I guess people were just dying to get this stuff

the equipment https://www.bluelips.com/pd_do.cfm
    Last edited by Len Dennis; 10-22-2018 at 05:31 AM.