Add Side Burner to an 1100

Brian B Atlanta

TVWBB Gold Member
I have a question started on the Silver C which has a side burner then thinking will miss the wood to much plus the 1100 is a redhead. Does anyone know it you take off the side burner extension on the C will that fit the 1100 frame.

The 1100 manifold does have a plug near the back of the grill which I assume is for the side burner.

Brian,
I had a side burner off a Silver C that fit my 5000 frame just fine, just had to use the "C" gas line fitting.

Jeff

Brian,
I had a side burner off a Silver C that fit my 5000 frame just fine, just had to use the "C" gas line fitting.

Jeff

Jeff thanks so much. So I got the 1100 for free paid 30 bucks for the C but it had a free empty propane tank and a cover. If this works it will be worth it as I want to take the tank scale from the C stick it on 1100. Question when I took the tank scale off the spring has some rust should I spray it down with PB Blaster to lubricate it.

Last edited:
I dont think you can move a silver B/C tank holder to a 1000 without some modifications. And yes, it is very common for there to be some rust on the tank holder and spring inside it. You can take them apart, but that really isn't necessary. PB Blaster or something else will help get rid of some of the surface rust, but you might want some oil or even some light lube to keep it working well and keep the rust at bay.

Last edited:
I dont think you can move a silver B/C tank holder to a 1000 without some modifications. And yes, it is very common for there to be some rust on the tank holder and spring inside it. You can take them apart, but that really isn't necessary. PB Blaster or something else will help get rid of some of the surface rust, but you might want some oil or even some light lube to keep it working well and keep the rust at bay.

Bruce the tank scale I believe can be moved not the bracket since there would be no need to do that the silver c has a differnt setup, when I did my 1000 I bought the new scale from weber it just bolted in maybe the c is different will let everyone know.

I dont think you can move a silver B/C tank holder to a 1000 without some modifications.

Bruce,
Are you referring to the tank scale itself? Because the B/C scale bolts right up to the older 500-5000 series models.

Here is a newer tank scale mounted on my Platinum II 3200.

40ZWuCOl.jpg

Jeff

Oh, I was thinking the scale and the panel it is bolted to. Yah, I am sure just the scale itself is transferable.

So I might have a chance to pick up a 2000 piece of junk for cheap, I am guessing I can take the z bars with the wood slats off the right side and drop the burner from the Silver C moving the quick connect from the Silver C to the 1100 manifold. Just trying to make sure I understand, Sam did one on a 3000 which I think had a burner to begin with and Jeff said it can be done. Its an hour drive and really all I care about is the frame for my new project. The lid looks good and should be able to use a bunch of parts off it.

I do beleive is is doable and won't require a whole lot of modification to do that. But, I haven never tried anything like that so I cannot be sure. Let us know how it goes.

Yup, it's very doable....I'm guessing the 2000/3000 are the same frames. On mine, I pulled the side burner from a Silver C and slapped it on to a 3000 frame, also used the end piece of the Silver C frame (the plastic grey one with the tool hooks) and attached it onto the 3000 frame, so now I guess it's a 3000C?

Just beware not all 2000 manifolds have the "tap and plug" for you to use to do it. I guess you could drill and tap it yourself of use a T fitting also

Larry my new redhead project the 1100 has the fitting for the burner really just going to use the frame on the 2000 and use everything from the 1100. Burner will be used from the Silver C.

Yup, it's very doable....I'm guessing the 2000/3000 are the same frames. On mine, I pulled the side burner from a Silver C and slapped it on to a 3000 frame, also used the end piece of the Silver C frame (the plastic grey one with the tool hooks) and attached it onto the 3000 frame, so now I guess it's a 3000C?

So Sam and Jeff you have done this before, on the Silver and I believe it was a design change there is a gap between the control panel and the side burner maybe an inch sure this was done if you had a pot overflow instead of it making its way to the control panel dripping down on your control valves it would run thru that gap. I am guessing on the 5000 and 3000 it probably butts up against the control panel is that correct? No gap I mean.

There’s no gap on a 3000. I turned my 3000 into a 2000 because I never used the side burner. What are you guys doing with the side burners anyway?

So Sam and Jeff you have done this before, on the Silver and I believe it was a design change there is a gap between the control panel and the side burner maybe an inch sure this was done if you had a pot overflow instead of it making its way to the control panel dripping down on your control valves it would run thru that gap. I am guessing on the 5000 and 3000 it probably butts up against the control panel is that correct? No gap I mean.

Here is what it looks like...not too much of a gap.

YW0qmHL.jpg

Sam and Tim thanks I am toying and if enough time today dry fitting a 1100 to the silver c frame hoping its long enough for a slight gap but it might not be. I took the extension off the c and plugged it into the 1100 and Tim as you said there is no gap the 3000 might be slightly longer don't no. It just looked goofy because its not a wide frame.

I would need to cut out the panel the igniter is mounted on and move it about 3/4 of an inch towards the right side of the frame for the igniter and control panel to fit can use some L brackets to remount it but will take some pictures to get a group yea or nay. I know it has to be modified as others have said, needed to breakdown the 1100 anyway.

Tim I won't use it that much for frying my oysters, sauces for my wings my house does not have fan that vents outside so keeping the stink out of the kitchen.

Back