Picanha,

Robert-R

TVWBB Diamond Member
kielbasa, mini peppers, foiled reds and molho a campanha.

The molho a campanha was made several hours before the cook and refrigerated until serving.
It's a Brazilian country salsa of diced red, green, and yellow bells with diced tomato, sweet onion, chopped parsley, red wine vinegar, k salt and evoo.
It's crazy good.

Picanha and foiled reds cooked over a very hot fire (540*) of RO lump and red oak. Both pulled when the meat reached an internal temp of 125*.

M2upovo.jpg

Grilled the kielbasa and mini peppers over a hot fire of KBB.

EzdczKy.jpg

Time To Eat!!!

RiJz3jD.jpg

Last edited:
Colorful and tasty looking cook Robert!
I saw some sirloin caps the other day in the short dated meat section, should have picked them up since they're not too common here.

Looks excellent Robert. I've mentioned a couple of times to give that a try and I still haven't. Really like the looks of the molho a campanha. Another bookmark of cooks to come, I hope.

Robert, looks fantastic! Because of your many picanha posts over the years, this one is on my menu for the next meeting of our Steak Club.....Can't wait!

R

Looks as good as ever Robert, but what I've really been wanting to ask you today is: Enchiladas - smothered & baked, or dip/fry tortilla, wrap kind of like a taco, & serve more like tacos on a plate......

Looks as good as ever Robert, but what I've really been wanting to ask you today is: Enchiladas - smothered & baked, or dip/fry tortilla, wrap kind of like a taco, & serve more like tacos on a plate......

Both!

OT: Good answer, thanks :)

I made them twice this week, the first time I made a jalapeno/tomatillo/avocado sauce (used a roti chicken from the supermarket), the 2nd time (yesterday) I followed an ATK recipe (cheese ench) that used dried chiles, a lil flour, and basically a sauce similar to the Chile CO sauce I intend to make again for these. I thought I was all up on my Enchilada game and then yesterday I come across a couple videos (this is the 2nd: https://youtu.be/fwGU4Kgig3c) that made me wonder if what I grew up with wasn't Americanized just a little :)

I plan to get in my more authentic Mex cookbooks next.

Looks Great! I have been looking for caps here, but haven't been able to find them.

Looks Great! I have been looking for caps here, but haven't been able to find them.

Thank you! I buy them when they are a good deal. Local supermarket will put CAB top sirloin on sale on a more or less regular schedule. I ask the meat cutters if they will sell a sirloin cap roast for the same price as the top sirloin. They have never said no. I have them leave the fat cap on and trim the silverskin from the bottom of the roast. I cut the "steaks" myself.

Back