Picnic Shoulder

DBono

TVWBB Super Fan
Hi All I have a 4 lb picnic shoulder, I'd like to do on my rotisserie and slice it..The rotisserie should be at around 325-350, so how much time would it take to get slicing temp/165??
Thanks Dan

I think you might be breaking new ground on this one. That's a pretty specific set of things that aren't that common together. Let's us know how it goes!

Yep; I've never done one on a spinner, nor have I taken one only to slicing temp. I didn't see value in writing "I've never done this, so I cannot help."

Hi All I have a 4 lb picnic shoulder, I'd like to do on my rotisserie and slice it..The rotisserie should be at around 325-350, so how much time would it take to get slicing temp/165??
Thanks Dan

Haven't done it but: maybe 3 to 3.5 hr? I'm thinking 165o internal is too low??

At 325o and 185o internal, about 4 hr.

I have no experience spinning a picnic, but have cooked plenty @ 275-300 on the WSM and have taken them to 180 for slicing temps.
Len offers sound advice, and the only thing I would add is to brush the skin ( rind) with water ( or whatever liquid you like) That keeps it moist and it won't turn to leather.
Good luck!

Tim

Hi All The temps on WSM 22" got away from me, so the roast cooked fast. Here are some pics, results the netted butt roast was soo much better then the picnic..
Scroll down when on imgur to see all the pics.
Dan
https://imgur.com/a/5d1MAqS

Back