Difference in Genesis 1000 Burners/Does my Redhead have the wrong burners?

Ryan RS in Mass

TVWBB Fan
Hello all, been busy with life lately, but got some time to clean up and clean out my Redhead Genesis 1000 and noticed an odd thing about the burners in the process.

The seller told me that he had replaced the burners, and I noted at the time that they appeared to be newer.

Unfortunately in the process he snapped off the rear retainer screw, but my real concern is whether he used the right burners.

These are the burners in my Redhead:

2v2JzsfmCx9jnnR.jpg

2v2JzhFErx9jnnR.jpg

(This is with it on high.)

These are the burners in my $10 "Greenhead" 1000LX, which the seller told me were original (and yes I know the grill is kind of gross):

2v2JzhFcjx9jnnR.jpg

So what I'm noticing is that the burners in the green one are definitely different - the center burner is turned sideways compared to the burner in the redhead.

The redhead seems to have more flareups than I've ever experienced with a Weber - though I've never used a 13 bar Weber before.

I am trying to figure out if that is because the burners aren't right for the grill.

Thanks all for any thoughts.

I have a 98 1000LX which I bought new and it's burners are the same as your 1000LX. The burners for a silver are a different length. Maybe they're aftermarket non Weber if he replaced the originals is all I can think of.

Ryan,
Older Weber Burner Tubes had their holes on the side on the middle tube, just like the two outside tubes.
Newer, as well as replacement tubes have the middle tube holes pointing straight up.

Either way works fine.

Jeff

My 1000 has the same style burners as yours but they are replacements. I just finished my Genny 1000 Skyline and replaced the tubes in that one. The old (probably original???) had the sideways design and the new tubes have the tubes like yours. Here is a side by side before and after of the Skyline box.

ENACFZc.jpg

Ah, perfect, so no worries. Just a change in burner design then.
Thank you Rich, Larry, Jeff, and Bruce for the great photo.

I appreciate everyone putting my mind at ease.

Back