Snapper Veracruz

Robert-R

TVWBB Diamond Member
Local supermarket had wild caught USA snapper on sale - an old favorite that I haven't cooked in ages.

Fillets lightly brushed with evoo and seasoned with Ksalt and coarse ground black pepper. Grilled for 2 minutes per side.

iQaN2Wv.jpg

Removed the fish and covered.

Sauteed some thinly sliced red onion (not quite 1/2 an onion) and finely chopped garlic (3 cloves) in evoo until the onion was soft.

IJ88GBA.jpg

Added some white zinfandel to the pan and reduced the liquid by half.

UQumqfW.jpg

Then added 1/2 can fire roasted diced tomatoes, 1/4 cup chopped jalapeno/garlic stuffed green olives, 1 tbs drained capers, 5/8 a finely chopped long serrano, 1/4 tsp sugar and a bay leaf. And then some more wine. Brought it to a boil, reduced the heat and let the mix thicken.

dJDYrt5.jpg

Added the grilled fish and cooked for several minutes longer.

a4mY39g.jpg

Time To Eat!

S1GYL1j.jpg

¡¡¡Estaba delicioso!!! ¡¡¡Picante!!!

I really enjoyed doing this cook using the Caliente grill kit. It made adjusting the coals/heat very easy.

Last edited:
Another knock out cook Robert. Love that recipe. Totally agree with your closing sentence. I enjoy my SM attachment for the same reason.

Fresh, wild snapper....one of my favorites. Love the looks of that dish, Robert! I've got some black cod in the fridge, may need to do something similar tonight.

R

Back