My $50 Weber Flame

Ryan RS in Mass

TVWBB Fan
Many of us have spoken of just how neat the Weber Flame is, despite their rarity.

I had the chance to pick up a Weber Flame fireplace that I found on craigslist in Chatham, MA for the very low sum of $50.
Someone also mentioned this specific listing in the Weber Flame thread.

The seller had purchased it new and used it for a time at his house in New Hampshire before moving it to his house in Chatham, literally 300 yards or so from the ocean.

He recently purchased a different type of LP firepit and was not using the Flame, so he wanted to let it go to someone who could use it.

It took a while for us to connect and be there on the same weekend, but last weekend I was able to pick it up and I thought I would show it off a bit.

He even included a 2012 dated LP half-full LP tank which was a nice bonus.

We'll start with just after I'd picked it up, with perhaps the most picturesque photo of a Weber Flame ever taken, perhaps minus the bungee cords:
2v2Jzs3qgx9jnnR.jpg

Here it is after having been unloaded from my truck:
2v2Jzs3dGx9jnnR.jpg

2v2Jzs38ix9jnnR.jpg

2v2Jzsv3Sx9jnnR.jpg

2v2Jzsvuix9jnnR.jpg

2v2JzsvZVx9jnnR.jpg

2v2JzsvwTx9jnnR.jpg

The biggest problem is that the "deck" piece has some rust bubbles, it is missing a single bolt and nut, and the tank scale is in pretty rough shape rust-wise.

Luckily I have another tank scale from a Genesis and I think I can fix the deck, though it will take some disassembly.

Everything else could probably use a coat of paint, but since this is going to live at my superbly landlocked house and not my Cape place, I don't think it will continue to suffer from the same corrosion issues.

For now I am just looking forward to enjoying it during what has already started to be cold season here in MA.

Last edited:
Nice pick up. I am picking mine up ($50) on Saturday. I am going to give it some good TLC (clean and paint). Now trying to find a cover for the thing. That is going to be a challenge. Love the pictures.

Ryan,
Congats on finding a Flame, you got it for a good price too.

It looks like after a good cleaning and a little paint here and there you'll have a Flame to be proud of. I'm jealous of your Beach scene too but with our Weather lately here in New England I wouldn't want to be anywhere near that ice cold water.:p

Jeff

Last edited:
Nice pick up. I am picking mine up ($50) on Saturday. I am going to give it some good TLC (clean and paint). Now trying to find a cover for the thing. That is going to be a challenge. Love the pictures.

Congrats, Garret.
I think finding one of these for $50 is a pretty good deal given their rarity.

Ryan,
Congats on finding a Flame, you got it for a good price too.

It looks like after a good cleaning and a little paint here and there you'll have a Flame to be proud of. I'm jealous of your Beach scene too but with our Weather lately here in New England I wouldn't want to be anywhere near that ice cold water.:p

Jeff
Thank you, Jeff.
Quite honestly I didn't know they existed until reading your thread about yours on here, but then I thought I'd look around to find one and got lucky to find this one with a kind seller waiting to meet me and not just sell it to the first person who brought him money.

Very nice guy, very nice experience.

Funny you should say that, last weekend when I was at the Cape I went for a walk at about 10 AM on Sunday on Nauset beach in Orleans (where they always talk about the Great White sightings) and there was a gentleman swimming.
I couldn't believe it.
Granted, it wasn't quite as cold as it was this morning (29 when I was leaving my driveway), but it was too cold for me to be swimming!

Living where I do, one of those would be pretty handy for part of the year. The tall column ones are fine whe keeping heads warm but this would keep my lower parts more comfortable, one of these days I hope to get lucky (after the lotto falls my way tomorrow) and find one along with my Skyline 5000 to haul to Bruce or Jon to “tune up”.
Hey, what can a guy do but dream sometimes!

Back