Fall in Florida: Tax returns DONE & time to GET BUSY!

Jon Tofte

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I am FREE! I filed my own tax return, so that is my last one for 2017:D!!!

So it is fall, with weather still hot and humid in the mid to high 80's, but regardless it is LONG OVERDUE to tackle projects. To preserve domestic tranquility (and to be fair) I do plan to also work on a backlog of honeydo items, but I am SO HAPPY to be able to start working on my grill projects GUILT FREE:eek:!

In case you think we have no fall (we hardly do) my Mulberry tree doesn't care about the temperature and has started its fall ritual of dropping leaves. It will be bare only for a short time and by January will start new buds. (Spring here is in early February.)

HfQCLgr.jpg

I have so many accumulated projects, it is hard to know where to start:

Q7H8OVe.jpg

SDMq1s6.jpg

My rented shed - the Weber Graveyard - is overflowing. You can see that at one point I tried to organize my parts, but my buying spree quickly overwhelmed that:

AUHYCvr.jpg

bPK7Xtd.jpg

rqA4Wvq.jpg

My dream is not to clean out everything but to at least have a usable, organized shed and parts collection to show off before tax season 2019 hits.

I also will FINISH my Skyline so that I can finally join the club and also make a Photoshop collage of all of our Skyline mod grills

307umpe.jpg

It looks so lonesome without slats:(.

STAY TUNED!

Wow! I'm going to start calling you Mr. Weber. That's quite a stash you've got there. If you happen to come up with a spare LP silver B manifold you would like to sell let me know I'm looking for one.

Wow Jon, you weren't kidding when you said you wanted to open a Weber museum and be the "unofficial" Weber museum curator...;)

Wow Jon, you weren't kidding when you said you wanted to open a Weber museum and be the "unofficial" Weber museum curator...;)

My wife would say it is more like a junk collection, and she hasn't even seen inside that shed!:rolleyes:

Wow! I'm going to start calling you Mr. Weber. That's quite a stash you've got there. If you happen to come up with a spare LP silver B manifold you would like to sell let me know I'm looking for one.

Rich, I wish you had posted that a day ago. I just boxed up my parts today and stored them out in the shed. I am sure I have a Silver B manifold in the lot. The problem is, I have it all stacked up. If I can get to one, I will let you know.

Rich, I wish you had posted that a day ago. I just boxed up my parts today and stored them out in the shed. I am sure I have a Silver B manifold in the lot. The problem is, I have it all stacked up. If I can get to one, I will let you know.

Thanks Bruce I appreciate it. I've been looking for a parts silver B but the last silver B on CL was the one I rehabbed and sold in June. Just nothing out there within reach.

Jon, how many are keepers, and how many are flips?

Dave,
That isn’t easy to answer, but here goes: For gas grills I plan to wind up with my Skyline, Genesis Platinum and the Broilmaster I rebuilt from scrap parts. Of course, there is alwaysroom there for a Genesis I, and the little Sunbeam could be a wild card if I can get a leftover Broilmaster burner I have to fit in it.

For kettles, I have a 26” Flat top I restored, a nice vintage red 22”, a free vintage black 22” as keeper/users. I also have a patent pending 26” red “Aristocrat” flat top that needs a lot of work. If it turns out nice, I might try to flip, but my sentimentality might get the best of me. I also have a Green Egg I use and a restored ‘74 18” Kettle I got for $10 that I display in my office.

Everything else is a candidate for flipping. Kettles, 300 series Genesis grills, another Broilmaster and various Genesis 1000 and Silvers!

Quite the collection, Jon.
Sounds like you really have some good options for flipping.

Make sure you keep us supplied with photos as you go!

Back