Ordered a red Kettle today

Steven Kane

I am such an idiot, I do not buy them from home theft co when they are marked way down. I wait till they are sold out and kick myself for two months then impulse buy one online today. By the way they are on sale at true value through the 16th.:p

Hopefully it shows up with out a bunch of flaws. The red LEs had cosmetic issues at first. I havent paid much attention if Weber got it sorted out or not.

I am such an idiot, I do not buy them from home theft co when they are marked way down. I wait till they are sold out and kick myself for two months then impulse buy one online today. By the way they are on sale at true value through the 16th.:p

I hate to chime in with a negative view, but all the examples I saw at Home Depot were pretty poor. They had ones with serious flaws they were trying to unload. None I saw had a true deep red porcelain finish like the old classic ones did.

aa7nts.jpg

aag3s4.jpg

I do hope you are fortunate enough to get a nicer one. It has some attractive feature such as the stepped up height like the Master Touch.

On the other hand, if it comes with obvious flaws, send it back! There are options for purchasing a REAL red kettle, probably for less. No, it won't be new, but it will be made with the quality Weber used to put into them and last you a lot longer. If you do get a lemon, try to locate one like this:

11trc5f.jpg

I hate to chime in with a negative view, but all the examples I saw at Home Depot were pretty poor. They had ones with serious flaws they were trying to unload. None I saw had a true deep red porcelain finish like the old classic ones did.

aa7nts.jpg

aag3s4.jpg

I do hope you are fortunate enough to get a nicer one. It has some attractive feature such as the stepped up height like the Master Touch.

On the other hand, if it comes with obvious flaws, send it back! There are options for purchasing a REAL red kettle, probably for less. No, it won't be new, but it will be made with the quality Weber used to put into them and last you a lot longer. If you do get a lemon, try to locate one like this:

11trc5f.jpg

Yeah I know the flaw thing hoping its clean-ish My original plan was keeping it for a while till I set up a new Q area. We shall see, nice thing is I am picking it up in store so I do not have to ship it back.
Damn you guys are bumming me out......

I appreciate the apprehension. Will let ya'll know.

Damn you guys are bumming me out...
Think positive thoughts. I got two red kettles from Ace Hardware and neither one had chipped finish. If you look super close you'll find some flaws, but old grills aren't perfect either, nor were they when new. I've got specks of black finish in my Genesis 2 redhead. Oh well.

It is true that they can't match those old red colors.

That’s too bad, Steven. Mans there’s an original red one in your future!?

“Positive Waves, Moriarity, Positive waves!”

I love Kelley’s Heroes!

Maybe a blessing in disguise, but I am sorry for your bad treatment. I think you should at least start searching for a classic red. Our friends at the Weber Kettle Club people sometimes have one for sale on their trading post section. They are also a good source for leads to online sales, etc. of old kettles.

Jon

Hey Steve,
I just (just this minute!) opened a “Farm and Fleet” ad offering 50% off the limited edition red kettle!
Just offering it up there buddy!
Good luck.

Back