Not Again!

I have only seen three or four of those Weber Genius grills in the wild. Very rare. You better jump on that thing quick.

I wish the devil would call me with one of those. Lets see 1741 miles times two equals 3482 miles round trip, hmmm Barb would never go for it.:(

Rich, put in an offer for $50 on the grill. Then if he accepts it, tell the wife it is too good of deal to pass up. :)

Rich, put in an offer for $50 on the grill. Then if he accepts it, tell the wife it is too good of deal to pass up. :)

Lets see at 22MPG that would be 158 gallons of gas and lets say $3.00 a gallon that's $475 for gas alone. plus lodging at say $90 a night another $270 and food okay fast food it another $100.
If it's in good shape say $100 for the restore and if I flip it for $400 that's a net loss of -$545. I'm not the brightest bulb in the building but I'm smart enough to know that bird isn't going to fly past Barb.

Get a hold of Jon on that one. He can probably "rework" the numbers and make it more presentable to Barb.

These grills are showing up, up here because people are preparing for winter and don't want to store their grills for the winter. They will just buy a new one next spring.

I need to have my wife register and start posting here and show some of y'all how things are for a lucky guy such as myself.
Yesterday for an example.... her birthday.... we drove 55 miles to snag one of those Silver B's that was rebadged as a Spirit with the blank control panel, and also a virtually new 22 Premium Kettle. She always wraps the greasy grates while I pull off and wrap the lid. Then she helps me slide the grill in the back of our SUV, and then reverse the whole process when come home and unload. I believe those put me up to 18 grills that I am currently likely to sit on for the winter.

Yeah, Barb is the same Dave, she can do anything on our 10 Weber's. She helps me with the restores and isn't afraid to get her hands dirty. We've been to Las Vegas twice to pick up grills (500mile RT) down to Phoenix 4 or 5 times (200 mile RT) to pick up grills. She can tear down a geneses 1000 or a silver B in minuets.
She is no stranger to the forum with almost 6000 posts and knows the guys on here. Barb is very accommodating with our hobby she enjoys it as much as I do. We like to have fun with each other so I play the battered husband but in reality we are definitely a 50/50 team.
But if she sees something she doesn't like, I respect that. That's why we've been happily married for 35 years.

Sandy just shakes her head but, is always happy to enjoy the fruits of my labor cleaning these things up and cooking! With the temperature dropping around here like it has and walnuts falling, I decided it was time to cover the carriage on the double barreled performer and install the crash helmet on the gasser before covering that. I love autumn but, hate to have to close up and cover up everything.

Honestly if I were to go and get that thing I really don't believe wife would so much as bat an eye. She might think with all the stuff going on here "you're crazy" but she would definitely not be cross with me. She never has been, figuring I guess at least she knows I'm not getting into trouble LOL. Again, so much on my plate I am hesitant to try and make a jump on it

Same here, I don't need another grill or project, but if it was close I'd grab it for sure and decide what to do with it later. Got the whole winter to think about it.

Back