Thread: Guilty post!

Guilty post!

I felt like I needed to post something up here, as I have been cruising by (albeit not as frequently), but not sharing or commenting. Thanks to those of you who are still posting your cooks, even though this summer/Fall seem to have been a bit less populated around here (it will pick up again, I'm sure of it!) Anyway, I haven't been grilling much, but did light some charcoal tonight, so figured I should snap a few pics.

First, still baking....:

Got a bird ready to spin:

Neighbor dropped by some tomatoes:

Out of the heat:

On the plate (wow, really went for the orange theme tonight!):

Flavors were good, but I'll be darned if this wasn't the toughest bird I've ever cooked! I took the breast to 160, and the texture was like rubber, even though it was juicy. Weird. Oh well, was good to play with some fire, and bust out the rotisserie for a change.

Keep cookin', y'all!

R

TVWBB Diamond Member Len Dennis's Avatar
    Well Rich, it sure LOOKS good. But I'm pretty sure that bread tasted great in any case!
    So many recipes, so little time
    : Genesis gas grill 18.5" WSM Maverick ET-732 :

Great looking food and excellent photography.
    Performer Deluxe(Copper) Genesis Gold B(Redhead) 18WSM 14WSM 26 OTG 22 OTG JJ Q1200 Gas & Charcoal Go Anywhere, Vortex, Kettle Pizza, Smoke

Beautiful bird and plate. You should feel guilty more often.

Have found that rotisserie chickens can take a lot of heat and are usually better for it.
    Am not afraid to take them to where the breasts measure 180* and the thighs over 200*.
    18.5 & 14.5 WSMs, 26.5 XL, 22.5 Performer, JJ, SJ, Roti Rings, Stackers, Genesis 330, OKJ Highland & Al Pastor Cooker

Absolutely gorgeous cook Rich. Sorry you were disappointed with the tenderness. Beautiful loaf too. Great job with the scoring. Is that one of your Semolina loaves?
    Weber OTG 26.3/4" Kettle, Weber Silver 22 1/2 " Kettle (2), Blue Performer, Jumbo Joe, Smokey Joe (49er Edition), WSM 22 1/2 ", WSM 18 1/2, WSM 14 1/2"

Rich, that plated pic is fantastic. Love the bread and those tomatoes.
    2009 Performer Platinum , 1999 Genesis 1000 LX, Mini Smoker, 2009 E320ng, 18.5 , 1993 Smokey Joe, 2011 Performer Deluxe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Rich Dahl's Avatar
    What Barb said.
    "Rescuing just one dog won't change the world, but it surely will change the world for that one dog."

Quote Originally Posted by Len Dennis View Post
    Well Rich, it sure LOOKS good. But I'm pretty sure that bread tasted great in any case!
    Thanks, Len. I'll find a use for the chicken, and the bread will be gone by lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat G View Post
    Great looking food and excellent photography.
    Thanks, Pat. All my pics are taken with my iPhone X, it's a pretty great little camera! I sometimes do a little post processing, but usually not much.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert-R View Post
    Have found that rotisserie chickens can take a lot of heat and are usually better for it.
    Am not afraid to take them to where the breasts measure 180* and the thighs over 200*.
    I'm pretty sure there was no saving this one, Pat. The breasts were like thick shoe soles!

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Bartlett View Post
    Absolutely gorgeous cook Rich. Sorry you were disappointed with the tenderness. Beautiful loaf too. Great job with the scoring. Is that one of your Semolina loaves?
    Cliff, yes. Pretty similar to the formula I sent you the other day, only adjusted to use my starter at 20% of the flour. I've had much more consistent bloom and oven spring since you sent me some of your starter!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Dahl View Post
    What Barb said.
    Smartest man I know!

R

Great grub, Rich!

I'm as guilty as you are. Weather cooling here, starting to think about baking bread again.
    ; ; ;

Everything looks fantastic! Great looking meal!
    18.5" WSM, 14.5" WSM, (4) Mini-wsms, Mini-Za Oven, Minitisserie, GOSM Big Block, 1967 Casa Q