Guilty post!

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
I felt like I needed to post something up here, as I have been cruising by (albeit not as frequently), but not sharing or commenting. Thanks to those of you who are still posting your cooks, even though this summer/Fall seem to have been a bit less populated around here (it will pick up again, I'm sure of it!) Anyway, I haven't been grilling much, but did light some charcoal tonight, so figured I should snap a few pics.

First, still baking....:

31171509438_88ea50cfdb_k.jpg

Got a bird ready to spin:

45230441252_8cb0507594_k.jpg

Neighbor dropped by some tomatoes:

45232357002_16eabb4abf_k.jpg

Out of the heat:

44559405244_5fe9e35fec_k.jpg

On the plate (wow, really went for the orange theme tonight!):

44559404954_adea2f1b02_k.jpg

Flavors were good, but I'll be darned if this wasn't the toughest bird I've ever cooked! I took the breast to 160, and the texture was like rubber, even though it was juicy. Weird. Oh well, was good to play with some fire, and bust out the rotisserie for a change.

Keep cookin', y'all!

R

Beautiful bird and plate. You should feel guilty more often.

Have found that rotisserie chickens can take a lot of heat and are usually better for it.
Am not afraid to take them to where the breasts measure 180* and the thighs over 200*.

Absolutely gorgeous cook Rich. Sorry you were disappointed with the tenderness. Beautiful loaf too. Great job with the scoring. Is that one of your Semolina loaves?

Well Rich, it sure LOOKS good. But I'm pretty sure that bread tasted great in any case!

Thanks, Len. I'll find a use for the chicken, and the bread will be gone by lunch. :)

Great looking food and excellent photography.

Thanks, Pat. All my pics are taken with my iPhone X, it's a pretty great little camera! I sometimes do a little post processing, but usually not much.

Have found that rotisserie chickens can take a lot of heat and are usually better for it.
Am not afraid to take them to where the breasts measure 180* and the thighs over 200*.

I'm pretty sure there was no saving this one, Pat. The breasts were like thick shoe soles!

Absolutely gorgeous cook Rich. Sorry you were disappointed with the tenderness. Beautiful loaf too. Great job with the scoring. Is that one of your Semolina loaves?

Cliff, yes. Pretty similar to the formula I sent you the other day, only adjusted to use my starter at 20% of the flour. I've had much more consistent bloom and oven spring since you sent me some of your starter!

What Barb said.

Smartest man I know! ;)

R

Great grub, Rich!

I'm as guilty as you are. Weather cooling here, starting to think about baking bread again.

Back