Genesis 1100 Manifold Bracket

Joel Young

TVWBB Member
How important is the "manifold bracket"? Mine is missing, my guess is it was never installed by the first owner. Looks like they are cheap and available, just curious.

05.jpg

I have a piece of wire holding mine up. The grill didn't come with one and I just didn't feel it was necessary to buy one when many of the holders are just a formed piece of wire any way.

Joel, it is important otherwise when you push the knobs down to light the grill you bend the manifold supports that bolt into the firebox. I think what happens with a lot of these they get moved and some how the bracket gets lost for whatever reason or they never put it on when putting it together.

The first one I did had no bracket either and it was bent not a problem to bend them back I think that part was only 6 bucks from Weber but as Bruce said you could probably jury rig it with wire.

How important is the "manifold bracket"? Mine is missing, my guess is it was never installed by the first owner. Looks like they are cheap and available, just curious.

05.jpg

Joel,

As kind as you have been to share your artwork, I am almost positive I have at least one of those of that design laying around that I can give to you. PM with address info and I will send you one. As Bruce mentions, some of these grills used two wire pieces as opposed to the metal plate piece you show in the diagram. I am talking about that plate-type piece.

Jon

Back