Anyone know?

Timothy F. Lewis

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Who is making the 304 SS vortex with handles being offered on flea Bite? They list the same thing for two different prices, whatever that shows us.
One is 43 and change, the other (same photos,and information) is $53 and change!?
Interesting marketing, I don’t really see the need for handles on it but, who knows.
Any opinions?

Here’s the original https://vortexbbq.com/. Bill, a BBQer with the handle ‘Thunderdome’, from AZ makes them. He lists auth dealers. If you choose Mad Hunky, Rich usually throws in a rub or brine.

Last edited:
Thanks Dwain,

I was under the impression the original was from “Owens” am I wrong?
I don’t know if “Santa” will put one of those under the tree this year but, I’ve been dropping hints for some time! My wife says I never tell her, I just think she isn’t paying attention.
Just went back to your link, was apparently too stupid to look at the dealer page! D’oh!!

"Hey kids; touch it by the handles so you don't get burned."

That is hilarious, TFL; I've never seen this version.

Thanks Dwain,

I was under the impression the original was from “Owens” am I wrong?
I don’t know if “Santa” will put one of those under the tree this year but, I’ve been dropping hints for some time! My wife says I never tell her, I just think she isn’t paying attention.
Just went back to your link, was apparently too stupid to look at the dealer page! D’oh!!

Owens BBQ (Marty) is a retailer for the Thumderdome Vortex

Last edited:

Back