Found a FREE copper ss performer under a tree

Holy smokes, that's definitely a project. Not sure if it's a copper or a brownie. Might be a long, hard road getting that thing back in order.

Not sure that's worth the trouble; it will probably cost as much as a new one. DEFINITELY a labor of love! Can't wait to see the end result!

Thanks for the heads up. I was down that same rabbit hole. It will be twice the price of the lid to send it to me but I am thinking it may be leaving AU soon.

JoeRay,

There is someone on eBay selling just a CopperMist lid. If you could get the rest of this one up to snuff with that lid you really WOULD have something special. The folks over at the Weber Kettle Club would be all over that!

Jon

That lid is making the journey to Iowa now. Hopefully shipping goes well. :cool:

You can usually find a $25 kettle on craigslist around here. Get one and just use the lid.

Absolutely, I saw the one on ebay and wasnt sure about getting it. Then I talked about it non stop for about 48 hrs and my wife bought it. I am sure it was money well spent so she doesnt have to hear about it. (Well not as much)

What's the difference in Brownie and Copper mist?

I I might be having a brain fart, but there's kind of 3 different colors being discussed in this thread. A "copper" has a shiny metallic look. Like a shiny penny. It's fairly new in terms of age.

A brownie is older. The color is similar to the tannish, light brown M&M.

A copper mist is two tone, a brownie with a fade. I'll try to post some pics when I get to a computer

Ok

I was the one saying copper and was meaning copper mist. This sip is darker than my copper mist barbqkettle, but does have a definite fade on the clean side of the lid. It is an N code.

Thanks for the info.

Back