Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Questions about Broilmaster

TVWBB Member
    BM carts in SS are extremely good. Very thick steel. I broke two 1/4 drill bits trying to add three extra holes for bottom support. They will last a long time.

I want to thank all for the input. I decided to pass on this BM. Although I think it was a newer model with a stainless support post and plastic base. It was not very close by and I do see BMs show up on Craigslist somewhat frequently. I may revisit restoring the base of the S-210...I know I can get another 1-2 years without doing anything. Plus I have a small inventory of spare parts for the Spirit as we have one in our primary home as well...starter, burner tubes and I just replaced the Flavorizors with pretty heavy duty SS ones. In fact, being honest with myself, if I put 3 hours and about $25 into the S-210....I'd have a keeper for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay D in Jersey View Post
    I want to thank all for the input. I decided to pass on this BM. Although I think it was a newer model with a stainless support post and plastic base. It was not very close by and I do see BMs show up on Craigslist somewhat frequently. I may revisit restoring the base of the S-210...I know I can get another 1-2 years without doing anything. Plus I have a small inventory of spare parts for the Spirit as we have one in our primary home as well...starter, burner tubes and I just replaced the Flavorizors with pretty heavy duty SS ones. In fact, being honest with myself, if I put 3 hours and about $25 into the S-210....I'd have a keeper for years to come.
    Jay,

That's as good a plan as you are going to get. We all love to see old Webers get a new lease on life!

It is interesting that you see Broilmasters fairly often. Seldom see them here in Florida, and others in some other parts of the country say the same. When they do come up, though, they are often underpriced, however. I think a lot of people don't recognize the brand. (I didn't until recently.) Since they look like old 1970s grills, people will sometimes sell cheap.
    Genesis Platinum Skyline 3200 Q1200"Flat-top" 26 Kettle Red,Black 22s 1Touch Platinum, Black '74 18, JJ & SJ. Projects: Genesis 4, 2 many!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Tofte View Post
    Jay,

That's as good a plan as you are going to get. We all love to see old Webers get a new lease on life!

It is interesting that you see Broilmasters fairly often. Seldom see them here in Florida, and others in some other parts of the country say the same. When they do come up, though, they are often underpriced, however. I think a lot of people don't recognize the brand. (I didn't until recently.) Since they look like old 1970s grills, people will sometimes sell cheap.
    Thanks Jon. Size is a small concern too...real estate on our deck at the beach house is at a premium... The S-210 does occupy less space. I think my HF angle grinder, a can of Rustoleum primer and a can of gloss gray, some stainless sheet metal screws and some forms of light duty angle iron and I'll have the Weber G2G😀!!

Get some PO15 on that bad steel than do a zinc phosphate primer and good top coat. It will be fine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12