Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best degreaser and how to get dull scuff marks off Genesis Silver B hood?

TVWBB Diamond Member Timothy F. Lewis's Avatar
    I’ve done final polishing using Windex and 0000 and finishing off the project with paper towel.
    Distinguebant Sed, Ignoret In Particulari!
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett

Quote Originally Posted by Dave in KC View Post
    Would be nice to find a local source for this product, or to offer free shipping.
    Amazon does not show this being available.
    They are very reasonable with shipping, and many times free. It's an outstanding product and not sure why anyone would discount it simply because Amazon doesn't sell it. IMO kinda foolish to thumb one's nose at a wonderful product simply because they choose not to distribute it through Amazon

POR15 is available on Amazon.

TVWBB Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by LMichaels View Post
    They are very reasonable with shipping, and many times free. It's an outstanding product and not sure why anyone would discount it simply because Amazon doesn't sell it. IMO kinda foolish to thumb one's nose at a wonderful product simply because they choose not to distribute it through Amazon
    Its ALL about the shipping. I just went to order 2 cans and have shipped. About $26 bucks for the product (not a deal breaker)
    but then another $15 to ship. (DEAL BREAKER) I saw the mention of free shipping and called the 800 number. The gal said "NO"
    not on that product. Then added they are out of it anyways. On most items, esp legs and braces for Gennies and Performers, I
    can order brand new tubing and make my own for cheaper than one can of that product. Not saying its not good product, but
    for me, brand new is better than covering up old rust, and cheaper also. Its also all about the bottom line. Tough enough to make
    a decent profit as it is. An extra $5 or $10 starts really adding up.
    E330 1997 Genesis 1000 Blue Performer wsm22 :wsm18: :wsm14: 1983 Red Head Chiefs NFL Edition

Sure on a grill better to just make new ones. I use it on cars and it's top notch. Well worth the cost of product plus shipping

Yah, I have purchased a couple times direct from them. The shipping does make it expensive. If you sand or grind off most of the rust, then rust encapsulator will work fine. That is what I use most of the time....kind of like a primer on areas where I did grind off rust. The Rustoleum stuff is only about $5 a can.
    Grills and guns are a lot alike. While one would usually suffice and you can only use one a time, each grill/gun is better in certain situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    Yah, I have purchased a couple times direct from them. The shipping does make it expensive. If you sand or grind off most of the rust, then rust encapsulator will work fine. That is what I use most of the time....kind of like a primer on areas where I did grind off rust. The Rustoleum stuff is only about $5 a can.
    Just remember you get what you pay for

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12