Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Easy Sopa de Pollo

I like Herdez' salsas too, if you want to try making your own, you might consider this: https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?736...amp-Tomatillo)

I'll take a bowl or two of that Case, thanks for the recipe.
    Bacon....the duct tape of the Gods.

Case, I just made up a batch of this, it came out great! This is very similar to what they call tortilla soup down here, although you won't find beans or olives in tortilla soup. I can't wait until my wife gets home and tries this. Tortilla soup is one of her favorites and this is so close I know she is going to love it. Thanks for sharing, this one is definitely a keeper.
    Performer Deluxe(Copper) Genesis Gold B(Redhead) 18WSM 14WSM 26 OTG 22 OTG JJ Q1200 Gas & Charcoal Go Anywhere, Vortex, Kettle Pizza, Smoke

Quote Originally Posted by Pat G View Post
    Case, I just made up a batch of this, it came out great! This is very similar to what they call tortilla soup down here, although you won't find beans or olives in tortilla soup. I can't wait until my wife gets home and tries this. Tortilla soup is one of her favorites and this is so close I know she is going to love it. Thanks for sharing, this one is definitely a keeper.
    Excellent! Up here in the PNW tortilla soup has beans, olives, corn, chips, sour cream, cilantro, sliced jalapeños. You know everything in the fridge!

Made a half batch... added another can of beans, several minced chipotles in adobo, a tbs of adobo and 5 -6 good blasts of W sauce. Should have added the other half can of black olives.
    Popped it right into the groove. The wife really liked it.

18.5 & 14.5 WSMs, 26.5 XL, 22.5 Performer, JJ, SJ, Roti Rings, Stackers, Genesis 330, OKJ Highland & Al Pastor Cooker

Quote Originally Posted by Robert-R View Post
    Made a half batch... added another can of beans, several minced chipotles in adobo, a tbs of adobo and 5 -6 good blasts of W sauce. Should have added the other half can of black olives.
    Popped it right into the groove. The wife really liked it.

Looks tasty! Makes for a good base to explore and it’s quick and easy!

TVWBB Wizard
    I’ll be stealing this one too. Love a good Soup

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12