Easy Sopa de Pollo

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
Made this the other night. Super good and can be a quick meal, less than a hour.

This recipe fills a 5 1/2 qt. DO right to the top, but can be halved easily.

1 onion diced
6-8 cloves garlic minced
4 Chicken breasts or 8 thighs grilled and shredded.
64 oz low sodium chicken stock
2 14.5oz cans fire roasted tomatoes
One can large olives, sliced
2 cans of whatever beans you have.
24 oz jar of salsa verde.
Seasoning.

Season chicken with salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and chili powder. Grill on the Weber. Allow to cool and shred.

Sauté onion in 2 tablespoon oil until translucent. Add garlic sauté for 2-3 minutes more.

Add stock, canned goods and chicken. Simmer, however long you want.

To serve garnish with crema, cilantro, chips, cheese or nothing.

Good easy get r done meal.

45210118141_d11fbb60bd_c.jpg

45160028922_4c6035d10d_c.jpg

30271159447_d44bd9c3a8_c.jpg

Going to steal this one Case, that sure looks good.

Thanks Rich!

It’s a keeper recipe. I used a medium heat Salsa Verde (Herdez) and it gave the soup the perfect amount of heat.

Next time I will half the recipe. Going to be eating this for a week!

Case, that looks awesome. Like Rich said we will be doing that one for sure. Thanks for sharing the recipe with everyone.

Looks mighty tasty. Love the salsa verde in the recipe. I find myself dumping a lot of the hatch green chili salsa I get at Costco into most dishes.

Looks mighty tasty. Love the salsa verde in the recipe. I find myself dumping a lot of the hatch green chili salsa I get at Costco into most dishes.

Thanks Pat!

Yes the Hatch Chili salsa would be a good sub for the Herdez Salsa Verde I used.

Case, I just made up a batch of this, it came out great! This is very similar to what they call tortilla soup down here, although you won't find beans or olives in tortilla soup. I can't wait until my wife gets home and tries this. Tortilla soup is one of her favorites and this is so close I know she is going to love it. Thanks for sharing, this one is definitely a keeper.

Case, I just made up a batch of this, it came out great! This is very similar to what they call tortilla soup down here, although you won't find beans or olives in tortilla soup. I can't wait until my wife gets home and tries this. Tortilla soup is one of her favorites and this is so close I know she is going to love it. Thanks for sharing, this one is definitely a keeper.

Excellent! Up here in the PNW tortilla soup has beans, olives, corn, chips, sour cream, cilantro, sliced jalapeños. You know everything in the fridge!

Made a half batch... added another can of beans, several minced chipotles in adobo, a tbs of adobo and 5 -6 good blasts of W sauce. Should have added the other half can of black olives.
Popped it right into the groove. The wife really liked it.

ha4VQEq.jpg

Made a half batch... added another can of beans, several minced chipotles in adobo, a tbs of adobo and 5 -6 good blasts of W sauce. Should have added the other half can of black olives.
Popped it right into the groove. The wife really liked it.

ha4VQEq.jpg

Looks tasty! Makes for a good base to explore and it’s quick and easy!

Back