Thread: Costco St Louis cut spares

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Bob Correll's Avatar

Costco St Louis cut spares

I've cooked a lot of baby backs from Costco, but this was my first time cooking their spares. These were Swift Premium.

On the kamado with sweet cherry wood and Timber lump:

Here after 1 hour at 240, then 1.5 hours at 280 plus or minus.
    Into foil with brown sugar and apple juice.

Out of the foil after an hour at about 280.

About 15 minutes with sauce:

Near fall off the bone, and plenty moist.

Some of my best, but i credit the quality of the meat, not the cook or the cooker.
    A couple of heavy rain storms came and went, but had no adverse effects on the cook.
    Thanks for viewing!

Costco's Swift Premium ribs, both BB and Spares have spoiled me. Haven't bought my ribs anywhere else in a few years now. The meat quality looks terrific but we all know the cook had plenty to do with it.
    Weber OTG 26.3/4" Kettle, Weber Silver 22 1/2 " Kettle (2), Blue Performer, Jumbo Joe, Smokey Joe (49er Edition), WSM 22 1/2 ", WSM 18 1/2, WSM 14 1/2"

TVWBB Diamond Member Timothy F. Lewis's Avatar
    Look great to me, I’m not going back to Costco until I need more...
    Distinguebant Sed, Ignoret In Particulari!
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Rich Dahl's Avatar
    We've had plenty of BBs from Costco but like you never tried their spares, guess I'll have to fix that. Yeah, right the cook didn't have anything to do with the goodness of the cook
    "Rescuing just one dog won't change the world, but it surely will change the world for that one dog."

Nice looking spares Bob.
    Don't have a Costco close but do have some night little meat markets here in Durango.
    18.5 one touch, 22.5 Performer, Weber go anywhere grill, Weber Bronc smoker, 18.5 WSM
    Med. green egg, PBC, 414 Suburban Hasty Bake, The Good-One Open Range, & M1.

Nice cook Bob! Looks like I will get to head over to my local Costco and try some spares.

Mighty fine looking bones you cooked. Tasty - I'll bet.

Have been doing mostly spares of late because we like the extra meat. Sprouts sells the same brand and runs regular sales for $2.99/lb. Sometimes $1.99/lb.
    I like buying there because I can get 1 rack wrapped in cyro. At Costco, usually have to buy 3 racks at a time.
    18.5 & 14.5 WSMs, 26.5 XL, 22.5 Performer, JJ, SJ, Roti Rings, Stackers, Genesis 330, OKJ Highland & Al Pastor Cooker