Thread: Pork Tenderloin and Grilled Artichokes

Flame KissedPork Tenderloin and Grilled Artichokes

Dry brined a Pork Tenderloin with K salt for several hours, rinsed it off well and rubbed it with a mix of ground coffee, brown sugar, cinnamon and cracked black pepper.

Built a fire with a base of RO lump and many splits of PNW cherry in the Performer topped with the Caliente grill attachment.

Cooked the tenderloin direct, no lid and turned every 5 minutes or so.

Kept adding splits as necessary to maintain a hot fire.

Began grilling the chokes (parboiled - lightly oiled and dusted with K salt and coarse ground black pepper) at the 17 minute mark.

Pulled the tenderloin when it reached an internal temp of 135* - around 20 minutes into the cook. Tented with foil and rested while the chokes continued to cook.

Chokes, flipped after 10 minutes face down. Grilled another 4 minutes to heat through.

Cut a few medallions...

Time To Eat!!!

The flame kissed tenderloin was great! It had a real nice flavorful crust and the meat was moist and tender. The artichokes were super.
    This was one of my better cooks of late - quite pleased with the dinner. About the only thing I would do different would be to start the chokes about 5 minutes earlier. And maybe pull the meat at 130*.
    Last edited by Robert-R; 10-08-2018 at 08:32 AM.
    18.5 & 14.5 WSMs, 26.5 XL, 22.5 Performer, JJ, SJ, Roti Rings, Stackers, Genesis 330, OKJ Highland & Al Pastor Cooker

Quote Originally Posted by Robert-R View Post
    This was one of my better cooks of late - quite pleased with the dinner.
    I would have to agree. The food looks outstanding.
    Performer Deluxe(Copper) Genesis Gold B(Redhead) 18WSM 14WSM 26 OTG 22 OTG JJ Q1200 Gas & Charcoal Go Anywhere, Vortex, Kettle Pizza, Smoke

TVWBB Emerald Member Dustin Dorsey's Avatar
    That looks amazing. I can't believe the crust on that tenderloin!
    22.5 WSM, 22.5 OTS, Smokey Joe, Genesis 1000, Smokenator 1000, Old Country Pecos, Thermapen, Smoke, Maverick ET-732, Igrill 2

Outstanding indeed Robert! I'll have to give that dry brine a try. Rub sounds amazing. I think you eat artichokes as often as we do!
    Weber OTG 26.3/4" Kettle, Weber Silver 22 1/2 " Kettle (2), Blue Performer, Jumbo Joe, Smokey Joe (49er Edition), WSM 22 1/2 ", WSM 18 1/2, WSM 14 1/2"

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Bartlett View Post
    Outstanding indeed Robert! I'll have to give that dry brine a try. Rub sounds amazing. I think you eat artichokes as often as we do!
    Thanks, Cliff. Yeah... we love artichokes. Stocked up when they were on sale for $1 each a few weeks ago. Gotta try you roasted artichoke recipe one day soon.
    18.5 & 14.5 WSMs, 26.5 XL, 22.5 Performer, JJ, SJ, Roti Rings, Stackers, Genesis 330, OKJ Highland & Al Pastor Cooker