Pork Tenderloin and Grilled Artichokes

Robert-R

TVWBB Diamond Member
Flame KissedPork Tenderloin and Grilled Artichokes

Dry brined a Pork Tenderloin with K salt for several hours, rinsed it off well and rubbed it with a mix of ground coffee, brown sugar, cinnamon and cracked black pepper.

Built a fire with a base of RO lump and many splits of PNW cherry in the Performer topped with the Caliente grill attachment.

WKgoc9r.jpg

Cooked the tenderloin direct, no lid and turned every 5 minutes or so.

QBk5SXj.jpg

Kept adding splits as necessary to maintain a hot fire.

GLuQcOu.jpg

Began grilling the chokes (parboiled - lightly oiled and dusted with K salt and coarse ground black pepper) at the 17 minute mark.

J7MnlZj.jpg

Pulled the tenderloin when it reached an internal temp of 135* - around 20 minutes into the cook. Tented with foil and rested while the chokes continued to cook.

Chokes, flipped after 10 minutes face down. Grilled another 4 minutes to heat through.

WIiv3fC.jpg

Cut a few medallions...

WK3Tmqp.jpg

Time To Eat!!!

rwI8fAQ.jpg

The flame kissed tenderloin was great! It had a real nice flavorful crust and the meat was moist and tender. The artichokes were super.
This was one of my better cooks of late - quite pleased with the dinner. About the only thing I would do different would be to start the chokes about 5 minutes earlier. And maybe pull the meat at 130*.

Last edited:
Outstanding indeed Robert! I'll have to give that dry brine a try. Rub sounds amazing. I think you eat artichokes as often as we do!

Outstanding indeed Robert! I'll have to give that dry brine a try. Rub sounds amazing. I think you eat artichokes as often as we do!

Thanks, Cliff. Yeah... we love artichokes. Stocked up when they were on sale for $1 each a few weeks ago. Gotta try you roasted artichoke recipe one day soon.

Back