Two Bone Rib Roast

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
I hadn't cooked a rib roast for a while so I decided on that for dinner. Picked up a nice little, 5.4 lbs, roast at Safeway. Sided it up with twice baked potatoes and Brussels Sprouts with bacon and cheese. Here goes.

I'd planned to make this a rotisserie cook so I trussed it up a bit to try and keep it as round as possible. Probably didn't need to with a roast this small.

enhance

Went with a wet rub consisting of olive oil, minced garlic, coarse sea salt, dried oregano, dried thyme, onion powder, apple cider vinegar, dried tarragon (we were all out so I subbed with marjoram) mustard and chili powder.

enhance

Kept an eye on it.

enhance

Got the potatoes on.

enhance

Right about 100 IT here.

enhance

Julienned some onions for the veggies. Sweated them a little.

enhance

Added some salt and a chopped Granny Smith apple.

enhance

Added the Brussels Sprouts, heavy cream and some Dijon mustard. Let the sprouts get soft.

enhance

Pulled from heat. Added some crumbled bacon, some blue cheese and some freshly ground nutmeg.

enhance

Gave the potatoes around an hour.

enhance

------------

After around a 15 minute rest sliced it up.

enhance

Plated it up.

enhance

Came out pretty good. Pulled it a 125. Really enjoyed the sides too, especially the Brussels Sprouts dish. Made for a good dinner. Hope you all had a good weekend. Thanks for looking everyone.

Thanks for sharing; beautiful plate! Your Brussel sprout recipe made it to my "to make" list.

Perfect looking rib roast Cliff!
Digging the spuds too, no comment about the sprouts other than they look ​good!

Perfectly done roast Cliff and the sprouts are now included in Barbs many Brussels sprouts recipes, taters look great too. I have a couple of two bone roasts in the freezer, I've never spun one, think I'll give it a try. Thanks for sharing.

WOW!!! Cliff that is awesome. Love the roast and the Brussels sprouts are over the top. I will be doing them real soon. Thanks for sharing this wonderful cook with us.

Back