Thread: Shrimp on the barbie (with Mex rice & beans)

Shrimp on the barbie (with Mex rice & beans)

This is the 2nd batch of Mexican rice I made within 3 days. The shrimp was cooked on the redhead with Mesquite chips in my smoke tube, beans were just 2 cans of pintos with 3/4 of the liquid from the cans, simmered for a few minutes then smashed.

The shrimp was coated in veg oil & then some bold taco from penzeys, I preheated the grill for <10 minutes, then cooked on high for 2 minutes per side.
    18.5 WSM > 22.5 One-Touch Platinum > Genesis Silver B > Smokey Joe Gold > Q100 + Q100 = Q200 > Go Anywhere Gas

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Rich Dahl's Avatar
    Nice cook Clint, I could do some damage to that plate. How are you liking that deep box genesis?
    "Rescuing just one dog won't change the world, but it surely will change the world for that one dog."

I haven't been grilling a ton but it seems to be a lot better so far. Maybe not quite as hot, or maybe it takes a few more minutes to preheat, but no fear of it catching fire so far & flare-ups have been non-existent to minimal.

TVWBB Diamond Member Timothy F. Lewis's Avatar
    A favorite line from “Ghostbusters”:
    “Yes, Have some!”
    Distinguebant Sed, Ignoret In Particulari!
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett

That had to have been good. Really like the way you did the shrimp. The rice looks delish. Thanks for posting.
    18.5 & 14.5 WSMs, 26.5 XL, 22.5 Performer, JJ, SJ, Roti Rings, Stackers, Genesis 330, OKJ Highland & Al Pastor Cooker

Looks tasty Clint.
    Performer Deluxe(Copper) Genesis Gold B(Redhead) 18WSM 14WSM 26 OTG 22 OTG JJ Q1200 Gas & Charcoal Go Anywhere, Vortex, Kettle Pizza, Smoke

TVWBB Emerald Member Dustin Dorsey's Avatar
    That looks great, Clint. Pass me a skewer!
    22.5 WSM, 22.5 OTS, Smokey Joe, Genesis 1000, Smokenator 1000, Old Country Pecos, Thermapen, Smoke, Maverick ET-732, Igrill 2