Weber 1435 Griddle

Mark B in STL

TVWBB Member
I have not heard of this griddle before.

My German knowledge comes from google translate. I found the pictures interesting in this forum post. Does anyone here have any knowledge/experience with this?

Last edited:
I have not heard of this griddle before.

My German knowledge comes from google translate. I found the pictures interesting in this forum post. Does anyone here have any knowledge/experience with this?

I have the griddle you reference in your first sentence. It is a great way to cook a bunch of bacon without making a mess or smell in the house - even though there is something special about the scent of cooking bacon on a Saturday morning:eek:!

I have one!!!! Maybe not this model number, It was thrown in with the purchase of my Q220 several years ago. Just got back from 10 days of boondocking and camping in the RV. Used it for some fish, bacon and eggs, and pancakes. The handles allow you to pick up the hot grate and stand it up on the table for serving. If I do bacon, or anything with a lot of grease, I just mop it off the griddle with paper towels. The griddle fits the 220 like it was made for it, think it’s too big for the 100 series, but no problem with the 300 series.

The ebay posts of the griddle say it is for the Q1xx series. It could be that they made them for both size Q grills.

It does come with the handle. Not sure about different sizes. I ordered one from the eBay guy. He accepted my offer of $30.99 instead of $35.99, still have to add $15 shipping unless you are picking up in Chicago area. I was not aware of it prior to seeing it on eBay. Looks like it is/was only marketed in Germany.

I received the 1435 griddle from the ebay auction today. It is exactally as described with the two silver handles that can hook on and act as a stand.

It does fit on a 100/1000 series grill. The flat handle like surface hangs out over the side through the vent holes.

I received the 1435 griddle from the ebay auction today. It is exactally as described with the two silver handles that can hook on and act as a stand.

It does fit on a 100/1000 series grill. The flat handle like surface hangs out over the side through the vent holes.

What will be the first thing that you cook on it?

What will be the first thing that you cook on it?

I’ve done bacon, halibut fillet and Some ground turkey burgers that were too soft to put on the grill.

I like being able to recover the bacon grease for future cooking, seems like that wouldn’t be an option with the one that replaces the grill.

Last edited:
I got one from this eBay auction: https://www.ebay.com/itm/263668528042

It appears that the guy had 30 of them. He had a price of $35.99 a few days ago on this and accepted an offer of $30.99 plus shipping. Looks like there are still 3 left. There were 5 before I ordered so he is selling about 1 per week right now.

Back