Natural gas connection

J Marsh

Went from so excited to so bewildered. My SE-410 NG arrived. Go to connect to my stub... Hose connector is too large.
Weber says 1/2" supply go directly to 4or6 burner.

I'm the opposite supposedly. Have a 3/8" quick disconnect installed so need to reduce my hose down to it.
If I got the 3 burner would have popped right in with 0 extra parts.

Problem is no one sells this quick connect system. Plumbing store called it bastard connect since proprietary and does not fit anything else so doesn't carry it in pieces. If was in stock could sell me a 12' hose with he 3/8" male end for $100 lol plus ovlf course reducing parts.

So, anyone know a website that supplies the part?

Hopefully the installer can just swap my valve/stub and be all set. But that will be over a week wait. So hopeful they will/can just swap it.

Having bunch of people over tomorrow and was so excited to grill for them. Thankfully neighbor has a spirit for me to use.

The grill should have been packaged with it. Call Weber and let them know it was missing

The grill should have been packaged with it. Call Weber and let them know it was missing
I'll definitely try. Their chat told we what parts to get but that wasn't quite right.
Manual says what to get to reduce out, and I should be standard to direct connect.
It came with one part, dbl female with quick connect on one end and thread on the other.

Yes the 4 and 6 burner comes with a 1/2" quick connect system the 3 burner a 3/8" quick disconnect. Weber is supposed to supply the proper quick connect to hook up to the gas side of the line. All gas supply hoses come with this piece. Actually many come with 2 (male and female) versions. Weber let you down here

Yes the 4 and 6 burner comes with a 1/2" quick connect system the 3 burner a 3/8" quick disconnect.

Oops, I stand corrected. I looked at page 41 of the PDF from the link I provided. It shows 1/2" nipple going to the quick connect, not a 3/8" nipple.

Alright finally got somewhere.
Installer coming back to remove the 3/8" quick disconnect/valve.
To install a 1/2" valve and 1/2" male nipple.
$15 parts +labor and I keep a $60+ souvenir paper weight.

(Unless I should bother trying to sell it on here or elsewhere?)
Would be perfect to direct connect to a 2-3 burner hose and 0 extra parts.

Details:
1st called installer told me "Our supplier only has 3/8" never heard of this problem. I have 6 burner with side burners that only needs 3/8" line, guess Weber had an issue and made their hose bigger?
Call Weber or UGI to have parts made."
Weber said "you have the 1/2 quick disconnect/female threaded from us. You cannot use another quick disconnect after reducing down."
Call installer back, "yeah sure we can just remove the hub since it is 1/2" coming out that we attached to and charge you for new parts that will work....
You can try to resell the Stub that cost close to $100 that we paid $60 for but cannot accept it back since now used."

Thanks for the help all!

Last edited:
Weber BBQ is suppose to come the 1/2" female quick disconnect and the 1/2" male nipple?

All my grills have been purchased used so I'm not sure. When I had the gasline installed by the gas guy, he put in the 3/8" female quick disconnect.

Weber BBQ is suppose to come the 1/2" female quick disconnect and the 1/2" male nipple?

All my grills have been purchased used so I'm not sure. When I had the gasline installed by the gas guy, he put in the 3/8" female quick disconnect.

What did you use to get from the 3/8" female quick disconnect to the 1/2" Weber part?
Mine came with one part: 1/2" female quick disconnect with 1/2" female thread on the other end.

I have a 1/2" hose on my Wolf
this is what you need and what Weber should have given you
llDCiC2.jpg

What you see here is the hose plugged into it. It's the part with the shiny black plastic on it. But hopefully you get the idea

What did you use to get from the 3/8" female quick disconnect to the 1/2" Weber part?
Mine came with one part: 1/2" female quick disconnect with 1/2" female thread on the other end.

I paid a gas plumber and added a 1/2" female disconnect onto the gas source coming out from the house. So I have one 1/2" & one 3/8" female disconnect.

@LMichaels, you probably already know this but I suggest putting Rustoleum on that rusty coupler at the top in your picture.

I thought about it. It's been like that for going on 15 years now and does not look any different. Not really worried about it

Got the plumber to remove the 3/8 quick valve, install a 1/2" 90° elbow and 1/2" valve. Then he attched the Weber supplied 1/2" quick connect. Ended up not charging me. Now have a $60 chewed up paperweight. But have been enjoying grilling almost daily this past week.

Well, that sounds like a good deal over all. Getting the work done for free is probably a lot bigger savings than wasting $60 on a part.

Glad you are getting good use out of with the new fuel source.

I paid $180 for the gas guy to add a T and the 1/2" female quick disconnect with shut off valve. He also changed out a few pieces of the rusted coupling and the old gas valve for the 3/8" quick disconnect. Now I have two disconnects; one to accommodate an 1/2' and one for an 3/8".

Back