Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Silver C Project

You will probably be fine.

TVWBB All-Star
    So good day today warming up in the ATL finished the frame. I actually saved the axle endcaps cut one axle in half since I intend on the 1100 to buy a new stainless one. Put it in my vice and gentley took a screwdriver to the back of the metal got them out I did not remove the plastic piece so it is not damaged only hit the metal with the screwdriver. I have another axle that I don't want to cut so will try the same thing while it is on the frame.

Bruce is correct not that I ever doubted him the 2000 clear is a high gloss you can see it on the axle endcaps. I may take a chance on the frame plastic endcaps and the handle and use my satin I think the gloss might be a bit much.

TVWBB Member
    You might try using a heat gun. I just now heated the plastic part and popped it off very easily. Just don't heat it too much.
    After the plastic is off, you can work on the metal part, get it off and pop it back into the plastic part. Easy peasy

Gerry

TVWBB All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by G Schafer View Post
    You might try using a heat gun. I just now heated the plastic part and popped it off very easily. Just don't heat it too much.
    After the plastic is off, you can work on the metal part, get it off and pop it back into the plastic part. Easy peasy

Gerry
    Gerry, the reason I left the plastic part intact is when I did my 1000 is the metal piece will warp I got it to work putting it back into the plastic with some vice grips. Using this method it is not an issue since it will not be out of round if you know what I mean. There is no need to take off the plastic cap but the question is can I get them off a full axle not a lot of room for the screwdriver but for sure will report back.

TVWBB Member
    Understood. However, if the plastic is off, perhaps you can tap the axle out without warping the metal part.

They are a b1tch to get off without trashing them. I just bought replacements.
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F143092772026

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    They are a b1tch to get off without trashing them. I just bought replacements.
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F143092772026
    FOR SURE! I bought the bigger lot, 100 for $25.
    E330 1997 Genesis 1000 Blue Performer wsm22 :wsm18: :wsm14: 1983 Red Head Chiefs NFL Edition

TVWBB All-Star
    Good find on those caps.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112