Hello from Pleasant View, TN

Larry Clayton

Hi All! Larry here. I have been grilling and cooking out since I was in college in the 80’s. In 2006 I started wanting to do competitions. I started with a Brinkman Smoking Pit offset smoker from Walmart and a $40 bullet smoker from Lowe’s. Buy some crazy fate we finished 6th in chicken the first time out. Thus a new addiction began. The team name was Big Blue BBQ. That is why I had to have the blue Kettle.

I now have a Jack’s Old South Patio cooker I bought from Myron after attending a cooking class at his house, a Traeger 075, WSM 18.5 and 22.5, and a blue Weber Kettle Gold. I also have a gasser for burgers and dogs when some semblance of our 4 kids and 12 grandkids come over.

I am fairly good with the 18.5 but can’t get a really long burn with the 22.5. No modifications to either WSM.

Looking at the forum there are a lot of folks here a lot smarter about these than me. I love my stick burner but sometime like the ease of WSM’s.

Welcome aboard Larry. It's nice to see an experienced cook join our ranks. Feel free to ask questions and share your experience with us.

Back