Need a set of burners for my Skyline

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
I just realized I need a new set of burners for my skyline project. I could canibalize one of my other Genny 1000 grills, but, I think I would prefer to go with a brand new set for this project.

I am thinking this set off Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01G647VC8/tvwb-20

Has anyone used them yet? If not, any other recommendations? I am not going to pay for genuine weber as my experience has been that the aftermarket burners are generally just as good.

Just get two sets of aftermarket so you can have one set in and one out, clean the ones that are out and repeat. For your personal grill, I'd assume you'd want to have replacements at the ready ...

I just need one set for right now. The grills I was referring to about cannibalizing are ones that I have in my reserve for rehabbing. So it isn't like I would be taking the parts out of a good working grill.

Flip. I'm trying to do a real good job on it so I figure the new burners who would be a good idea

Aha. That clears it up. I figured you'd want to keep a Skyline.

This is why I don't do flips. I'd lose money each and every time. I'd also want to keep them all!

I just realized I need a new set of burners for my skyline project. I could canibalize one of my other Genny 1000 grills, but, I think I would prefer to go with a brand new set for this project.

I am thinking this set off Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01G647VC8/tvwb-20

Has anyone used them yet? If not, any other recommendations? I am not going to pay for genuine weber as my experience has been that the aftermarket burners are generally just as good.

Looks like a good find on those price good also. We kind of scored on the ones you found months back at 15 bucks or whatever they were and they worked fine would not be afraid to buy those they have all gone up.

Again the Bruce effect. :)

I am kind of attached to my original personal rehab. I can't accomodate a second 3 burner and would feel bad if I let my current Genny go. She is roasting a couple racks of St Louis Cut ribs as I write this.

The Skyline is going to be my last rehab of the year and I will price it accordingly and wave off low ball offers and let it sit all winter if need be. If nothing else, it is going to be a good advertising tool for me during the winter months and maybe I will wind up with a couple customers lined up for my rehabs starting next spring. I will be able to tell customers that I can provide them with a similar grill that will cook just as well for much less than the Skyline. In the mean time, I am hoping someone sees it and just has to have that grill that their Dad used to grill on while they were growing up. Or maybe someone with some kind of connection to Chicago that has some money to burn. Because I am going to list it at about $400 :) ;) :D

Bruce, if I do an Honest tally of how much money I put into my grill, four hundred is a steal. Four hundred and no work!!

WEll, I just ordered them. Should be here Tuesday. Hopefully, I can finish off putting the Skyline back together then.

I am kind of attached to my original personal rehab. I can't accomodate a second 3 burner and would feel bad if I let my current Genny go. She is roasting a couple racks of St Louis Cut ribs as I write this.

The Skyline is going to be my last rehab of the year and I will price it accordingly and wave off low ball offers and let it sit all winter if need be. If nothing else, it is going to be a good advertising tool for me during the winter months and maybe I will wind up with a couple customers lined up for my rehabs starting next spring. I will be able to tell customers that I can provide them with a similar grill that will cook just as well for much less than the Skyline. In the mean time, I am hoping someone sees it and just has to have that grill that their Dad used to grill on while they were growing up. Or maybe someone with some kind of connection to Chicago that has some money to burn. Because I am going to list it at about $400 :) ;) :D

Bruce were you a marketing guy in the past seems you have a really good idea with this approach. They don't want to spend $400 well I can get you the same grill without the logo for less sounds like a genius approach by the way.

LOL: Nope, no marketing in my back ground. I guess I am just kind a "schemer" of sorts. Truth be told, I hate Sales with a passion. But, these old webers make it easy.

Bruce, I have bought 5 or 6 sets of those in the last few months. They seem to be a quality product.
However, they have all been for flips and I have not let them burn for more than 30 seconds as a
test to ensure they are working properly after installation.

Thanks Dave. I have been lucky and been able to salvage most of the burners on my flips or at least been able to grab a set from a parted out grill so I haven't had to buy too many this year. But, I have yet to buy an aftermarket set that didn't perform well (at least for an initial burn in). I am confident the Direct Store ones that I ordered will be good as well. I am just waiting on them now so I can finish up the Skyline.

Back