Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need a set of burners for my Skyline

TVWBB Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    I am kind of attached to my original personal rehab. I can't accomodate a second 3 burner and would feel bad if I let my current Genny go. She is roasting a couple racks of St Louis Cut ribs as I write this.

The Skyline is going to be my last rehab of the year and I will price it accordingly and wave off low ball offers and let it sit all winter if need be. If nothing else, it is going to be a good advertising tool for me during the winter months and maybe I will wind up with a couple customers lined up for my rehabs starting next spring. I will be able to tell customers that I can provide them with a similar grill that will cook just as well for much less than the Skyline. In the mean time, I am hoping someone sees it and just has to have that grill that their Dad used to grill on while they were growing up. Or maybe someone with some kind of connection to Chicago that has some money to burn. Because I am going to list it at about $400
    Bruce were you a marketing guy in the past seems you have a really good idea with this approach. They don't want to spend $400 well I can get you the same grill without the logo for less sounds like a genius approach by the way.

LOL: Nope, no marketing in my back ground. I guess I am just kind a "schemer" of sorts. Truth be told, I hate Sales with a passion. But, these old webers make it easy.
    Grills and guns are a lot alike. While one would usually suffice and you can only use one a time, each grill/gun is better in certain situations.

TVWBB Member
    How much are the burners from weber ?

TVWBB Fan
    Bruce, I have bought 5 or 6 sets of those in the last few months. They seem to be a quality product.
    However, they have all been for flips and I have not let them burn for more than 30 seconds as a
    test to ensure they are working properly after installation.
    E330 1997 Genesis 1000 Blue Performer wsm22 :wsm18: :wsm14: 1983 Red Head Chiefs NFL Edition

Thanks Dave. I have been lucky and been able to salvage most of the burners on my flips or at least been able to grab a set from a parted out grill so I haven't had to buy too many this year. But, I have yet to buy an aftermarket set that didn't perform well (at least for an initial burn in). I am confident the Direct Store ones that I ordered will be good as well. I am just waiting on them now so I can finish up the Skyline.
    Grills and guns are a lot alike. While one would usually suffice and you can only use one a time, each grill/gun is better in certain situations.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12