Thread: Hello from Lawrence, KS

Hello from Lawrence, KS

Hi All -
    Just wanted to drop a line and say HI. I've had a Weber gas grill for about 15 years (Genesis 1000 LX) but have recently become the proud owner of a Weber Smokey Mountain Smoker 22". I got it as a gift from my company for my 30th work anniversary with them. I literally received it and put it together about 2 hours ago. So, now to do some experimentation to see how to best use this beast. Any tips/tricks would be greatly appreciated and I'll be perusing this forum a LOT, I'm sure.

Cheers,

Jeff B.

TVWBB Fan
    Jeff, welcome. Hope you find yourself enjoying this site as much as I do.
    E330 1997 Genesis 1000 Blue Performer wsm22 :wsm18: :wsm14: 1983 Red Head Chiefs NFL Edition

Welcome Jeff! Glad to see another guy from KC area join the forum. You will like it here.

Welcome aboard Jeff. That's a great gift. In case you haven't seen it there's a ton of great info on The Virtual Weber Bullet - link above. Chris, our host, has put together a great website to help beginners and experienced WSM owners alike. Ask question and don't worry about stupid questions. I already asked them. Enjoy the ride.
    Old dog, learning new tricks - one cook at a time :-). -14.5", 18.5", & 22.5" WSM, SS Performer, FB-200 ATC. CB Rotisserie, Rec Tec Mini Pellet Grill