Enchiladas Pollo de Mole Negro

Robert-R

TVWBB Diamond Member
Hung a chicken for dinner a few days ago.

VBtENwB.jpg

Shredded what was left.

MP4ylQm.jpg

Used this:

LNIGCzs.jpg

To make this:

zU6xvql.jpg

Rolled the mix into logs for the filling.

IK9pjX0.jpg

Got the mole paste at my local tortilleria. Good stuff:

gEZSvcG.jpg

Slowly warmed the mole paste in a sauce pan and added chicken broth until thinned.
Topped the enchiladas with the paste and more shredded cheese.
Put it in the oven at 350*.
30 minutes later:

MugAmqu.jpg

Time To Eat!

Hw7VVJg.jpg

¡Mas fino!

I know it's not Q, but I wanted to share this cook with everyone.

What would I do different? The mole thickened up quite a bit while in the oven. Next time, thin the paste more (it was like chocolate pudding before it sets) and cover the enchiladas with it (and the cheese) about 15 minutes before removing from the oven. And used Crema for garnish instead of sour cream.

The mix: 1 1/2 cup shredded chicken, 1 cup shredded cheese, 1/4 cup sliced green onions, 1/4 cup sour cream, salt and pepper to taste.

Last edited:
Great looking cook Robert. Mouth watering for sure. Beautifully presented and wonderful pictures. I was curious as to what you shoot with?

That looks killer, Robert! I've have to admit I've never had mole and I'm very intrigued by it.

Thanks, Dustin. There are 7 moles, iirc. All very different. I love them, however some folks don't. They might be an acquired taste thing for some people.

Great looking cook Robert. Mouth watering for sure. Beautifully presented and wonderful pictures. I was curious as to what you shoot with?

Thanks, Cliff. I'm using a Samsung Note 8. Got it in January. It's a big improvement over my 3 megapixel Minolta. Point and shoot is all I do with it. My first smartphone. I'm next to deaf, so no telephones for me. My daughter will not answer e-mails. She will text, so I got it to stay in touch with her and friends. A very handy gadget, to say the least. This one is overkill and a little too big. Next time a S+.

Last edited:
Thanks, Cliff. I'm using a Samsung Note 8. Got it in January.

That's what I thought. The Samsung devices have a much better camera than the Apple Iphones. IMO. In all fairness, we've got the IP 6 and maybe they've improved the cameras in the new IP 8's. We're upgrading pretty soon so we'll see. Also, I meant to ask on my last reply and got sidetracked. What's the heat level like with your Mole.

Also, I meant to ask on my last reply and got sidetracked. What's the heat level like with your Mole.

It's spicy, but not tear your head off. Or anything like jerk. It's hard to describe... lots of different flavors going on. Kinda like mole poblano, but different. The flavors sneak up on you... the more you eat, the more you like it. If you want a spice hot mole, I'd suggest mole amarillo. That will get you.

Looks wunderbar :D

Only had mole once. Chocolate was in the recipe. Said never again.

After looking at your pics (and the ingredients on the bag), I've changed my mind after Robert's post. Tks ;)

There's mole, and mole and mole and mole.....about as many different kinds of mole as Mexican cooks.

Loves me some good mole. And that looks awfully good, Robert.

That's been on my radar (well chicken mole & mex rice, or green chicken enchiladas & mex rice). Hope to make something similar soonish

Back