FYI on Photobucket

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
I know a lot of people used to use photobucket but have since switched when photobucket went to a paid service. Well, it looks like they are bringing back their free hosting service with the caveat that they will display a watermark on any hosted photo.

I am not advocating going back to Photobucket, but figure I would throw it out there for some that prefered their service over IMGUR and FLICKR and some of the other sites. As for me, they left a bad taste in my mouth when they abruptly discontinued their free service a year ago and I won't go back. I think they are finally starting to realize they made a mistake.

http://photobucket.com/lp/free/03/?...n=2018-10-01 15628 Watermark Announcement HBW

I am not advocating going back to Photobucket, but figure I would throw it out there for some that prefered their service over IMGUR and FLICKR and some of the other sites. As for me, they left a bad taste in my mouth when they abruptly discontinued their free service a year ago and I won't go back. I think they are finally starting to realize they made a mistake.

http://photobucket.com/lp/free/03/?...n=2018-10-01 15628 Watermark Announcement HBW

Took the words right out of my mouth Bruce. I will never go back

Yeah, **** Photobucket.

After what they have done basically to the internet, they deserve no more users ever.
So many car forums have been wracked by photobucket's greed. Now you can't find that picture you need of just that right tool, right part, position of a bolt, etc.
It'll be interesting to see if they fix the old photos too, fixing the problem, or just apply this change to new photos going forward.

Fixing the old broken links would be a great gesture in trying to get back into the good graces of the cyber community.

I am not advocating going back to Photobucket, but figure I would throw it out there for some that prefered their service over IMGUR and FLICKR and some of the other sites.

I can’t imagine anyone preferring photobucket over imgur. Back when it did work, I remember occasionally getting errors that the user’s quota was exceeded. Such BS.

Too little...................................and way too late. Never again.

Photobucket has rolled out an "improved" version of its website and so far I'm finding it to be less friendly than the old one, especially since images aren't stored by pages. It's a pain to have to scroll and wait, scroll and wait, etc. to get to the last few images when previously it could be done by simply going to the last page. Also, photo titles are no longer displayed under the photos, or at least I haven't figured out how to make them appear. Looks like there's going to be a bit of a learning curve...

Yah, I gave up on Photobucket when they stopped their free service and broke all their links.

Back