70's kettle $300....yep, $300!!!!

That old avocado would likely bring half of that price, although
highly unlikely on his local CL ad out in the middle of BFE.
Even less likely with the condition it is currently in. Just another
owner too lazy to use a little elbow grease prior to posting.

The avocado IS priced pretty high for its condition, although a similar condition yellow one might fetch even more than that.

The Canadian/European ivory one might well sell, though. The folks over at the Weber Kettle Club will go to incredible lengths to find the right kettle for their collections, and some aren't unwilling to shell out some serious money. They (and me, too!) like the old kettles, but some are also interested in the overseas new ones like this one. I think it is pretty sharp!

Last edited:
Well, he’s dropped to 300 but, I still think that’s nuts! Is that a big enamel scar on the lip or just some kind of “junk”?

Well, he’s dropped to 300 but, I still think that’s nuts! Is that a big enamel scar on the lip or just some kind of “junk”?

I didn't notice that. It is hard to see for sure, but if that is a big scar, then no - he will have to come down more.

I don't know what these cost in Canada, either. A new black Master Touch goes for $199. This is basically the same grill but in an unusual color. If the black spot is not a scar, maybe $250. If it is damage, a good bit less. Just my personal opinion.

Man, I remember my dad grilling on our yellow kettle. The aroma of lighter fluid filling the air.....
Good times, good times.
Tim

I uses a propane blow torch that has a long arm. I think people use them for burning weeds in pavement, but they work great starting a charcoal grill. Makes any kettle a Performer with no lighter fluid residue.

Are you supposed to use fluid lighter on these kettles ?

There is not hard and fast rule about NOT using the Boy Scout excellerant. Until I started using the chimney I used it regularly. Once I started using the chimney, I have a lot less newspaper to put in the recycle bin.

Man, I remember my dad grilling on our yellow kettle. The aroma of lighter fluid filling the air.....
Good times, good times.
Tim
I remember those days! Back when lighter fluid was LIGHTER FLUID and gave a 6 foot flame lol!

18" '62 Kettle up to $590 on eBay and still a day left!

Here is an 18 inch kettle that apparently dates back to 1962. Although used - and even still dirty! - it does at least appear to be in extraordinary shape with a nice black color. Still, $590 and counting! I at first dreamed maybe I could bid on it...sure! I would have to start a third job visiting banks after hours:(!

qodNZLQ.jpg

This does show how SERIOUS (and I guess rich) some of these kettle collectors are:rolleyes:.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-We...rentrq:7592b3d91660aa41270cc668fffce5b5|iid:1

Back