Weber 7614 rotisserie

I am quite sure it can as when I had my Silver A a few years ago I tried my Genesis rotisserie on it and it fit just fine and functioned perfectly

Would like to chime in on rotisserie's.

Picked up a 9890 NIB this past week and did a first cook with it last night on my silver a, (5# chicken), and the motor shat the bed.

Balanced the bird with the counterweight as well as can be expected without high speed stroboscopic spin balancing equipment. Didn't want to ship and of course all the automotive machine shops were closed.

Anyone have similar experience with the Taiwan manufactured motor.

Any thoughts appreciated.

No problems with my weber motors. Except last Winter when I was trying to use the rotisserie the motor started really slow for the 1st few turns but once it got going it was fine.

I just checked and my #7614 Weber Roto works perfectly on a Genesis 1000 or Silver B cook box. Yahhhhhh. My $20 gamble paid off.

Probably so. It has an adapter on the end that allows the roto to work on a few different sized cook boxes.

I need to get my hands on a rotisserie. It is the first thing Bruce recommended to me upon my first post about my Silver B here, and I've spent the last few weeks thinking about buying one.

Found the issue with 9890 motor.

Pulled the motor from housing and folded peenings out to release top plate to expose gears. All gears, plastic and metal, were intact. Center drive gear held captive under gears case, so pulled gear case to expose motor proper.

Center drive gear let go of the ring ceramic magnet. Very weak design Magnet is held to gear by thermo forming, leaving a very thin back plate. Magnet is only kept from spinning free via four shallow grooves. Back plate broke off letting magnet spin free.

Reset magnet to gear with some 3M 08002. Fixed...so far.

Again my apologies, don't think this is worthy of separate thread.

I need to get my hands on a rotisserie. It is the first thing Bruce recommended to me upon my first post about my Silver B here, and I've spent the last few weeks thinking about buying one.

Just keep your eyes on CL and FB. I have three fully functional Weber rotos now and I have sold a couple more.

Here is the #7614 I just bought for $20. The forks are not in the picture, I was just testing whether it was going to fit my Genny 1000 or not.

y4hLOTp.jpg

Last edited:

Back