Summit 450

Jon Tofte

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Here's a guy dumping a worn but intact Summit 450 for $50. Unfortunately, it is natural gas. Looks to me like you are out of luck getting a LP manifold (and probably a lot of other parts), and Larry's experience with the firebox issues is, of course, legendary. So sad, because they look like such a really nice grill from Weber's best days. If I though I could salvage it, I would be interested. It could even be a candidate for conversion to a "flat top":

5a640.jpg

https://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/for/d/weber-gas-grill-summitt/6704883918.html

Jon
Those grates are solid 3/8" 300 series stainless and will fit a Genesis 1xxx and up and also a BC or platinum. They're worth the $50 alone. Hell I would grab it just for the grates. I wish there was a way to put a Genesis fire box inside that frame.

Jon
Those grates are solid 3/8" 300 series stainless and will fit a Genesis 1xxx and up and also a BC or platinum. They're worth the $50 alone. Hell I would grab it just for the grates. I wish there was a way to put a Genesis fire box inside that frame.

Well, it would be a six hour plus round trip, but that wouldn't be the first time I did that! I am not going to do that for a set of grates, but if I could combine it with your manifold and related parts...:confused:

Well I am thinking I may have all that sold today. There were 2 folks interested in my Genesis. I talked to the 2nd person last evening and told him I have the Summit and all the related parts/accessories and he's interested in picking them up as a little $$$ saving project. Fingers crossed

Back