Source for drip pan holders

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
I am running out of "usable" drip pan holders for Silver B's and 1000's. I have canibalized all the serviceable ones off my inventory of grills and am coming to grips with the idea that I am going to have to pony up for some new ones for my current and future rehabs. I don't really need the drip pans, just the holders. The best price I have seen is about $17 per. I was hoping someone knows a source for a better price than that.

??????

OK, after doing another search, I come up with my old buddies at Uniflasy for $14 for the holder and pan. I jumped on three of them even though I was hoping for something closer to $10. They are all black which I like and they should go great with my black theme on my Skyline.

I ordered three even though I probably wont get another grill done this year after my Skyline. I didn't want to get caught again where there is a run on them and they jump the price way up so I ordered three.

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B07FQ6PKPG/tvwb-20

Wow, that is sweet. Restoring those rusty holder brackets is a pain, and I used my only decent black pan on my Skyline. I may get on board at some point - maybe after some more Discover points become available:D. We will have to see if the "Bruce Effect" messes this one up, too!

I have thought about painting some of my silver pans with high heat gloss black. If I do, I will post results. Not likely to look as sharp as these new ones!

Yep, actually, I have sold some grills with drip pan holders that I didn't really feel good about using. They still worked and will likely be fine for years, but they certainly were a low point of the rehab. The good thing is that they are not real visible so the looks don't matter so much.

I will feel much better about selling my next few rehabs with the new drip pan holders.

Bruce,

I "Discovered" that I had almost $30 in Discover points available, so I grabbed three as well:eek:! Now we will see if the Bruce Effect kicks in:eek:...

I am getting closer on these lousy tax returns. Soon I will be FREE until late January:D:D. While you guys are trying to stay warm my best time to do restorations will be here at last. I hope to clear out a big chunk of inventory and finally be a successful "flipper". Like I said, I want to grow up some day and MAKE SOME $ in this hobby like you do:cool:!

They will be back...but you can bet at a higher price. Sorry for my role... When I saw I had points I figured I better jump while I could.

Yep, it looks like Jon cleaned them out. No longer available. It will be interesting to see if they come back in stock and for how much.

Yep, actually, I have sold some grills with drip pan holders that I didn't really feel good about using.

Same here. I had two this year in really bad shape. I was prepared on both to offer
up a new one if need be, but both sold without a problem.

Yep, it looks like Jon cleaned them out. No longer available. It will be interesting to see if they come back in stock and for how much.

Yup Jon cleaned them out I agree it will be interesting to see if they come back in stock for sure the price will be higher. It does seem some of this stuff though they blow it out and it never comes. I bought some stainless GBS grates for my performer real good price 3 or 4 months ago they are still out of stock as some others tried to buy them with no luck.

Man, I've had one of these in my cart since Tuesday and was going to buy it today... was waiting on my wife to decide about some other items she wanted.

The Bruce effect!

I bought one of these earlier this month and have it installed on my 2005 Silver B Premium

The Uniflasy version nothing special to write home about. The drip tray that it comes with is thinner than the Weber original, and I have some reservations about how long the drip tray holder itself will last compared to the Weber original. I usually replace the holder and the tray with Weber version (7515) that usually sells for $20-22 shipped on the grills I flip. Now that I've seen the Uniflasy in person, I'm going to keep using the Weber version.

I bought one of these earlier this month and have it installed on my 2005 Silver B Premium

The Uniflasy version nothing special to write home about. The drip tray that it comes with is thinner than the Weber original, and I have some reservations about how long the drip tray holder itself will last compared to the Weber original. I usually replace the holder and the tray with Weber version (7515) that usually sells for $20-22 shipped on the grills I flip. Now that I've seen the Uniflasy in person, I'm going to keep using the Weber version.

JKim,

Well hopefully that will make some people who missed out because of Bruce and I doing a buying spree feel better. I will let everyone know my own observations, but with my bonus points getting 3 sets for less than $13 was too good to pass up. I do have a bunch of old ones. The clip that holds the pan can sometimes be salvaged, but it involves a lot of sanding and repaint work. I may have one well used porcelain black pan left, a bunch of sad looking silver/aluminum ones. These are all Weber and they aren't as thick as the original ones, either. I am thinking about experimenting with painting some high heat gloss black.

If I could replicate my last purchase, I probably would rather than invest that much effort on a relatively unseen part.

I will be anxious to get my drip Pan holders in the mail. Even if they are not quite on par with Webber drip Pan holders, I figure they're better than some old rusted out piece of crap that usually come with the rehab grills that I pick up.

JKim,
Curious if the Uniflasy is actually a Porcelain coated Steel pan or is it a Aluminum pan painted Black?

I know the NOS Weber Black Porcelain pans I purchased are very thick steel.

Jeff

JKim,
Curious if the Uniflasy is actually a Porcelain coated Steel pan or is it a Aluminum pan painted Black?

I know the NOS Weber Black Porcelain pans I purchased are very thick steel.

Jeff

Jeff,

I know the one old stock black one that I was able to get was thick and good quality as you describe. I think I stumbled onto that on eBay, but I doubt you can get those now unless you are really fortunate. I don’t think the current Weber ones are nearly as well made. George :george: wouldn’t like that :(.

335fdj5.jpg

> Curious if the Uniflasy is actually a Porcelain coated Steel pan or is it a Aluminum pan painted Black?

I'll have to look again... I have a surplus of Weber pans so I kind of chucked the Uniflasy pan in the parts bin. Come to think of it... one of the surplus Weber pans is black, I will see if it's one of the thick good ones that you guys are talking about.

Jon, not sure why you could not use some high heat caliper paint for those aluminum trays that 900 degree stuff I used on my lid end caps and the firebox sides is pretty gloss seems to spay on quite thick so you need to be a little careful when spraying.

Back