My $17 WSM Cart

Reggie V

Long time lurker first time poster. My work was throwing out an old metro cart that was a bit bent out of shape. I did my best to straighten it out. I cut out the top shelf to accommodate my 18” WSM. Spent $17 on lumber and had the hardware and screws left over from previous DIY projects. I attached some supports to what was left of the top shelf. Then built the table top on the supports. Screwed everything from the bottom to keep a finished look. Added an old bike hook as a lid holder. I’m pretty happy with how it turned out and didn’t cost me much at all.

Just need to attach some small hooks for my grilling accessories and maybe a paper towel rod. I may try to figure out how to enclose it at some point to help with a wind break.

Plus a bonus brisket pic.

Pgz6zEH.jpg

9CwlWDX.jpg

THkq3z3.jpg

aQNHTrf.jpg

Last edited:
That Looks Great! It is something I might have to give a try. One of the only things holding me back is my lack of skills. LOL! Brisket isn't too shabby either.

Good job! I want to do something for mine too but, have not decided what to do! If the right carriage comes along, it will just hit the right chord!

That is so cool, I wish I had even a tiny bit of talent to do something like that..seems like I am always looking for a flat sureface to put things on. But can't even hammer a nail straight ��

Great idea. Looking to do something similar for my slicer. Been looking for a cheap table for a year now w/o success. One day :D

Back