Suggestion for possible forum addititon

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
I was thinking it would be great to have a section of the Weber Gas Grill forum to have a map where members can optionally post their general locations and other users can visually where we are all generally located.

What do others think about this?

Chris A: what are your thoughts. Would this be a possibility?

I think that's a great idea. I've often thought it would be nice to know where other members are located and also some general info about other forum members. What kind of work you do, family, etc. Just for those that want to share. Not mandatory of course.

Meetups have been discussed before. It might be a way for those interested to see who is around them. However if a section is added I think it should be in a different section. I believe most of us use more than just gas.

It doesn't really have to be a whole section, but simply a "Feature". Just a map with push pins corresponding to each individual who chooses to list themselves. But, I would like it to be broken down by Gas/Coal/portable/etc... Or, even have seperate maps for the different types of grills. Maybe a different color pin for each section the user considers themselves to be most interested in? It would make it an easy way for local members to reach out and contact other local users with like interests. It would be great to be able to click on a push pin and get a forum name, location, interestes, PM info, etc.... and any other information that user elected to include.

While I primarily frequent the gas section, I do make use of many of the other sections as well. But, I am most interested in those who frequent the gas section.

I like this idea. Already talking to Stefan as he is local about meeting up since he is close to me.
Would be cool to get a bunch of guys together and talk grills. :) What would be even better is to meet up with your grills and cook on it. A big Weber cookout!

Back