Parts Question

Ryan Dor

So in my search for a Summit 650 LP manifold I came across a site that sells them, way too much money but it shows that the manifold is compatible with the Kenmore: 616.271201, Is this correct? if so im guessing i can look for that grill to poach its manifold. My question is, is that site wrong and is my thinking on this matter correct? Thanks a lot guys

Even if you could poach it what would be your odds in finding that Kenmore model for a reasonable price I think your only hope and I see you have a few posts in the buy and sell section is for someone to respond but that may be unlikely.

Curious who was willing to sell that to you and at what price. Its not going to be cheap and what price is to much money?

I found the grill on Craigslist at a metal fab shop here in Louisville, the grill worked but had no grates and it had been sitting in the shop for a few years taking up space, so I offered $50 for it and we made the deal. I had been searching for an older Weber to rehab and thought this was a good deal, all I knew was Weber made good grills, I didn’t think it would be hard converting it to propane but now I see that I’m trying to find a needle in a haystack. I’m going to keep looking for a cheaper manifold ( the new Weber part I found is $253) but if I haven’t found it in another month or so I’ll finish the rehab and put the NG stuff back on and put it up for sale.

I found the grill on Craigslist at a metal fab shop here in Louisville, the grill worked but had no grates and it had been sitting in the shop for a few years taking up space, so I offered $50 for it and we made the deal. I had been searching for an older Weber to rehab and thought this was a good deal, all I knew was Weber made good grills, I didn’t think it would be hard converting it to propane but now I see that I’m trying to find a needle in a haystack. I’m going to keep looking for a cheaper manifold ( the new Weber part I found is $253) but if I haven’t found it in another month or so I’ll finish the rehab and put the NG stuff back on and put it up for sale.

Ok, I remember that thread you created. I guess Weber did make grills as Kenmore at one time? I thought maybe that Sears just sold the Weber line.
Looks like you found the right part number but wow, it is expensive. I guess in reality maybe it's not that bad because I paid around $100 for a Weber genesis manifold which has 3 valves and your summit has 6 valves. I think you have the right approach to fix it up as-is and then put it up for sale.

So you don't have NG at your place? I highly recommend having a gas line for your grill to avoid having to deal with the propane tank refill. Well worth it in my opinion.

Back