Procter & Gamble - Dawn Dish Power Dissolver

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
I would like to see testimonials and photos of cook box and end cap clean up with this stuff. I really want to give this stuff a shot, but at $18 for a 32oz bottle, I want to know that it will make my angle grinder and wire cup brush unnecessary before I pull the trigger.

I figure it is worth a dedicated thread. So, if you have used this stuff, please post a review and with photos if possible. Also, post up directions on how you used it.

I will be doing my Skyline cook box and end caps pretty soon and am considering using this stuff.

Thanks in advance.
Bruce

I would like to see testimonials and photos of cook box and end cap clean up with this stuff. I really want to give this stuff a shot, but at $18 for a 32oz bottle, I want to know that it will make my angle grinder and wire cup brush unnecessary before I pull the trigger.

Thanks in advance.
Bruce

Bruce,

I haven’t had time to try this stuff yet, but I am pretty dubious that it will retire your grinder. I do think it can cleanup a lot of gunk, and even where you stilll need the grinder the job would be easier and less messy.

Jon

Bruce,
You've already seen my results but to add to your thread I'll repost here.

Starting point-
4utkhW4.jpg

End result-
Tfd8LZi.jpg

VtnBxBP.jpg

For best results lightly scrape off loose grease, spray liberally on item, let set anywhere from 10-30 minutes but do not let the DPD start to dry as it will be harder to remove.When you are doing it correctly it will almost look like you've used a paint remover product.Very greasy items sometimes have to be handled in a couple of applications.

I will be doing the Cook Box on the Junior in the near future and I will post pictures then. Trying to get some cook time on it.

Jeff

Last edited:
Wanted to mention your can use Dawn Power Dissolver aka DPD on more than just your grills.

With three Children that are constantly finding ways to get dirty it is great for Laundry stains as well. Pretreat the stain for 10-15 minutes then just throw in the wash.

I recenty used it on my Stainless Steel Coffee Carafe. Tried Vinegar, nothing, tried Citric Acid, didn't touch it.

Before-

uf6OFXwl.jpg

Sprayed DPD, let sit for 10 minutes.

After-

r3hnLpAl.jpg

Jeff

Last edited:
How did the coffee taste? :D I use baking soda, a touch of Dawn dish liquid and a large bottle brush. Comes sparkling clean

Larry,
All was fine after a quick rinse with water. Remember, DPD is made for Pots, Pans, and dishes.

Jeff

I really want to get some of this stuff, I just haven't justified the cost yet.

I wish I could find somewhere where it wasn't $18 a bottle.

For now I've just got the grinder, purple power and cup brushes...

That's a good price, Sam, more justifiable in my eyes.
You are always generous with sharing the deals you find with us here - I really appreciate that.

I guess I will order a case!

Yah, seems the only way to get it for a decent price is to buy in lots of six bottles. If I was convinced it would work as good as it seems to, I would probably pull the trigger on a six box lot. I am still waiting for a little more push before I put the angle grinder back on the shelf.

I was thinking the same thing Bruce, if anyone wants to split a case of this or even 2 bottles a piece pm me. I am up in Woodstock at Towne Lake.

I bought a bottle of this and tried it over the weekend. My results were not near as good
as some here. I let it sit for over an hour, then hit it with a power washer, and the inside
of my caps didn't look half as good. Spraying into the firebox was a good waste of half a
bottle. It also didn't even phase the inside of a Q3200 hood. I am going to use what is
left on a couple old kettle flips later this week before making a final determination, but it
is going to have to be very convincing when I can pick up over cleaner for $3 a can.

I bit the bullet and bought a case of this stuff. So far I have used a bottle and a half. It works well on porcelain, and end caps, but not so well
on fireboxes. At $9 a bottle case price, it is no bargain, but an acceptable cost of doing business when used on the right applications.

I have found a new product that I hope is similar but at a much lower price. I plan to pick up some of this at Sam's this weekend and will
give a report soon.

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/oven-fryer-grill-cln-3-x-32-ounce/prod9260461.ip

If it doesnt do much for a cook box, it isn't for me. I am glad I didn't spring for a case of it. That Sams Club stuff sure sounds like a possibility since it is made specifically for things like grills. I will be looking forward to seeing your report on it.

I'm interested to hear if either product works much better than simple green at the higher concentrations.

Back