Modern day redhead??

RichA

Sorry if this has been posted already. But obviously the old redheads are a big hit around here. Came across one of these the other day and thought it would look good next to an old 1000. Not too much of a fan of the newer Weber’s and quality but this thing is a real looker!

https://imgur.com/gallery/qiOtfZd

Sources tell me the new Spirit II gas grills in red, sapphire, and ivory are selling quite well. There's also a special edition mocha version at Lowe's.

I think they are kind of nice. I personally wish the red was a little darker, but bringing back ANY redhead is very welcome!

I once saw an unusual brick red Genesis 300, the first generation that still had the side controls and E-W burners. I so wanted to get that one and write an article about “The last redhead.” I am glad it wasn’t, even if the new Spirit is manufactured in China.

I really want to like it, but I honestly think it is a bit "off" in some way, like the hood is too flat.

I guess I'm just used to the old school Webers.

I really want to like it, but I honestly think it is a bit "off" in some way, like the hood is too flat.

I guess I'm just used to the old school Webers.

Ryan,
That’s funny because last night my wife and I were together in Home Depot. She couldn’t possibly care less about grills but indulged a quick sweep through the section. When I pointed out the new Genesis II models on sale (also with the new lower hood design) she said, “I don’t like those. They look like they have been squished!” I tried to explain the new style but she wasn’t interested:rolleyes:!

They look nice but when you lift the lid it is a lot lighter. They feel a bit more flimsy and not as solid as the old ones.

What do people think of the new burners where they're square and pointing up versus the old round ones that went sideways?

What do people think of the new burners where they're square and pointing up versus the old round ones that went sideways?

I had a year old or two genesis 310 that i just sold. It had the flame come out of the top of the tube and i wasn’t a fan. It was my first Weber and wasn’t what i remembered my parents cooking on when i was younger. So i picked up a silver b and it cooks significant better with less hot spots. Maybe it was just my grill being a 310 but wasn’t a fan.

Back