Just when I thought I was through they pull me back in

I shoulda wrote I HAD been trying to find one. Now I just window shop kinda how I look at pretty girls and fast cars.

There’s always a little “squeezable” space in every garage!
And I agree with Fletch, that was about all that came through your initial message.

So Larry if you get this grill and put it in the garage nothing changes the cars still won't fit. So go get it, it's a rare bird, might not get another chance.

You must go getthat was the model they only made for a few years. I love the Maroon look at the frame its a tank.

Brian,
I think you are having to play counselor for some of us:D! For me, you are trying to hold me back and keep my marriage intact. For Larry you are trying to convince him to release inhibitions and do what he already knows he wants to do!

I think I would be $75 dollars poorer of I was close to one of those. No haggling needed.

In a heartbeat I would pay 75.00 bucks for that actually would pay the 100 as Rich said its a rare bird.

Jon, I might need some counseling got my eye on 2 more in ATL trying to build a stash up for after December. Need to let my wife take my 2 girls shopping a few more times they don't even dare to tell me what they spend on these trips I will assure you a few 30 grills won't come close to what they spend on one. :)

Well right now I am just kind of "watching" it. Given the cheapskatedness (just made that up) I don't think that grill will sell at or near ask price. Plus it's end if the season. If I had one less tractor I would be on that like white on rice though. But my back garage is taken up with my boat and these two

MMdeCqn.jpg

EGrARo1.jpg

4v1TiDW.jpg

C7GXjQY.jpg

Started out that my REALLY old (about 1961) Allis Chalmers was having hydraulic lift issues, and the mower deck blades had been sharpened so many times over the years there was no material left to sharpen and parts for the old machine were hard/impossible to find so I decided to sell my old beauty. Had it for 28 years and it had been a pretty much dead reliable old work horse. But, the market of parts for close to 60 year old machines is pretty much dried up. I sold it to a guy who is a collector and he was tickled to death. So when he bought the old Allis I found the "big orange" machine. Well big orange is a little unwieldy to maneuver around my yard. The mower being 4'wide it doesn't fit in some areas, the machine is long, wide and heavy. Wife struggles to drive it even though it's a hydro. In the fall I count on her a lot due to COPD and when the leaves are on the ground and machine is chipping them up breathing becomes a labor. So she takes up the reigns or my daughter (who took one look at big orange and said I can't drive that) so I saw little red Honda and wife loved it. So here I am a 2 tractor guy :D

10H785A.jpg

OMuSSY9.jpg

Anyway until one of the machines goes I am pretty much kinda stuck. Plus my garage is filled with stuff (still) from my wife's late brother who passed away suddenly back in December. I just soooooooo need my garage back. I am going to be selling some tools and such pretty soon and anyone close by I will give first dibs. Stay tuned

Last edited:
Wow, quite the tractor collection, Larry!

Unfortunately my garage is filled with junk my roommate refuses to get rid of, much of which was his grandfather's - also a known pack-rat.
Not even enough room for an actual car!

But, it's his house and there's still room for a few of my tools, my air compressor and my lawnmower, so I try not to complain too much even though it means my grills can't be inside.

Either way, this is a pretty unique grill - I'd certainly be tempted to pick it up myself, especially with the maroon lid.

Last edited:
My wife comes from a family with hoarding sickness. (not kidding here). She wasn't bad at all until her dad died. Than it was like his ghost of hoarding invaded her. My basement with a beautiful finished rec room where my kids could play when they were little, and I could escape to a place cooler in the summer and catch a little TV or quiet respite overnight became a junk bin. It is impossible to walk through it. This past December her brother died. Despite my pleas of no junk no junk even more stuff has been added. To the point I cannot get even one car in the garage and the basement? Well fuggendaboudit. Sometimes I watch reruns of hoarders just so I can feel a little better :D
Anyway I might reach out to the person with that grill. If I could snag it for $40-50 I MIGHT be really tempted. BTW the old Allis is not in my possession anymore. I sold it back in May. So my "collection" is only 2. Big Orange and Little Red

My wife comes from a family with hoarding sickness. (not kidding here). She wasn't bad at all until her dad died. Than it was like his ghost of hoarding invaded her. My basement with a beautiful finished rec room where my kids could play when they were little, and I could escape to a place cooler in the summer and catch a little TV or quiet respite overnight became a junk bin. It is impossible to walk through it. This past December her brother died. Despite my pleas of no junk no junk even more stuff has been added. To the point I cannot get even one car in the garage and the basement? Well fuggendaboudit. Sometimes I watch reruns of hoarders just so I can feel a little better :D
Anyway I might reach out to the person with that grill. If I could snag it for $40-50 I MIGHT be really tempted. BTW the old Allis is not in my possession anymore. I sold it back in May. So my "collection" is only 2. Big Orange and Little Red

Sorry to hear about the hoarder sickness - I think it becomes a real problem when items have sentimental value and I'd imagine that's your wife's case.

I personally don't suffer from the sickness other than in car parts.
I've got a lot of spares of different items, and they're never as organized as I'd like them to be...

My first wife was like that, she would go to Pick and Save ( I called it Chose and Lose) and buy $40 worth of junk and never take it out of the bags, dinning room, living room floor to ceiling with bags of unused junk. Same with the garage, it was a real nightmare. After 10 years I said enough.
We today are suffering a little with overcrowding. Not that we purchase a lot of things but because we downsized and went from a 2600 sq. ft. house to a 1600 sq. ft. home and from a 3 1/2 deep car garage to a regular 2 car garage. It's mostly the garage with all my tools and rollaways. But I still get both cars into it.
I guess I can't say a whole lot with having ten Weber's.

One car garage with a KIA and an amazingly well packed extra twenty five pounds of stuff in a fifteen pound bag!
Being a collector and married to another collector I understand the concerns for space can be but, I will always try to have just enough room for one more instrument, grill or whatever. I should probably shed a few pieces of “stuff”

Larry,
I say worry about the space later and just GO GET THAT GRILL! It needs a chance to return to its full glory from the days when Weber made them like a tank but still eye catching.

If you want to have more fun, join the tide and paint the kettle in the logo red and get one of those Weber tank covers...oh, and put a set of GrillGrates on it, too! (Sorry! Just kidding...couldn’t resist;)!) But, really, GET IT! It deserves to be adopted:eek:.

Back