Skyline in Niceville Florida

I was thinking of Jon when I posted this.

Bobby

Your thread got my attention. I know Florida fairly well, but I had to consult a map for Niceville. I have only been that far into the panhandle once or twice. Basically, it is in Alabama. There are places in South Carolina almost as close to me. Like Larry, all my stash spots are about taken. If I had some reason to be going to the state capital...

We vacation nearly every year in Orange Beach Alabama and spend time in the Florida pan handle but I had never heard of Niceville either? After looking it up it looks like an interesting beach town.

We vacation nearly every year in Orange Beach Alabama and spend time in the Florida pan handle but I had never heard of Niceville either? After looking it up it looks like an interesting beach town.

We go to Hilton Head every year for vacation in October not been to Orange Beach its under 5 hours for us that is kind of my limit the older I get for driving. Used to got to Sandestin but that is another couple of hours so we found another place closer. I stopped going to the panhandle many years ago when we went their for vacation in October they had the red tide which right now they have the same thing. It was a pity dead fish everywhere on the beach the fly's and whatever all over the place never went there again. Really a shame loved it there.

We go to Hilton Head every year for vacation in October not been to Orange Beach its under 5 hours for us that is kind of my limit the older I get for driving. Used to got to Sandestin but that is another couple of hours so we found another place closer. I stopped going to the panhandle many years ago when we went their for vacation in October they had the red tide which right now they have the same thing. It was a pity dead fish everywhere on the beach the fly's and whatever all over the place never went there again. Really a shame loved it there.

It's funny how your driving tolerances decrease as you get older. For years my Dad had a beachfront condo in Clearwater Florida. For many years the wife (and later with the kids) and I would drive there every year despite the 20 hour drive time. We've been going to Orange Beach after the condo was sold and because it's about 8 hours closer. I don't think we could do that 20 hour drive anymore. At some point we may be doing the Orange Beach drive in 2 days.

Fortunately we've not ever been in Orange Beach when the red tide was there. The beach has always been nice.

Back