Question

That grill is one of the older ones made before DCS sold out to Fisher & Paykel. I'm not 100& on this but IIRC they were made by Jade for DCS or DCS made them for Jade. IN any case I would be checking to make sure parts to maintain it are still available prior to a purchase. That grill though is a lot like my Wolf. Very heavy and built like a brick s&*t house. If parts are available and you can swing the purchase you'll have a solid all 304 SS cooking machine. I would not pass it by without at least a good look

I took a quick look and there are parts available. It would seem that vast majority of the parts are SS304 so they would not be likely to rust out. Sideburners are cast iron but it looked like Jade ones are a match and they are available. Here is another similar grill that's also for sale around me. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/235866807056030 Seems similar in looks and I know that Dacor makes high end kitchen appliances but I have never heard of their grills.

Whatever the seller would bare. My guess is it has about 250lbs of 304SS in it at current prices (about .50 lb) it's worth $100 minimum in scrap alone. If it's in good working condition I don't think I would offer less than $400. You don't want to insult him. Also depends how badly they want to get rid of it. Example. I am selling the big SImplicity Tractor I recently bought. Nothing at all wrong with it other than it being so big it's a little unwieldy to maneuver around my yard especially for my wife. So I bought a smaller Honda lawn tractor (maybe a little small and light but very easy for wife to handle) to replace it. Some guy contacted me today and offered me $800 for a machine I am asking a well worth $1300 for. I refused flat out. Told him least I would do is $1100. Never heard back. Had the person not placed such an insulting offer he might have been able to get it for $950 but frankly I'll just keep it for his price. See where I am going?

Back