What’s my 1000 missing??

Well now the question is it NG or LP. If the specification sticker is still on it will tell you or if you can find the serial # you can find out. Without a hose or regulator on it it's almost impossible to tell. Your picture is where one or the other would attach.
One indication would be if it has a tank scale or not, if not most likely NG.

Looks to me like all you are missing is a hose, a regulator and a tank full of LP. Make sure you clean that brass connector first!

Really the only way it could really easily have been converted is with a manifold change. Well looking at the fitting it looks like it has an adapter for something other than a weber regulator.
It's hard to say which it could be although from what I remember that adapter isn't the right type for a universal regulator. If I remember right the adaptor should be a 3/8 male flare.

Looks like it started life as an LP grill. I have ng here at my home and have an ng grill with a spare hose I looked the end of the hose that attaches to the grill and the adaptor on your grill looks correct for the ng hose.
There are people on here that can give you more information than I can and I'm sure they will weigh in soon. It may come down to hooking up a regulator but I'm almost positive you will need a different adaptor if you are going to use a universal regulator if you use a Weber regulator you will just have to remove the adaptor. Fire it up and see how the flame pattern is.
Good Luck

Has tank scale and says it was lp. I don’t know if it was ever converted though.

This is the proper connector for an LP new style regulator that fitting does not look like its correct so like Rich said it maybe they put in the connector for nat gas and hooked natural gas up to it and got lucky they did not blow themselves up. If you pull the manifold and have a piece of 16 gauge wire see if it fits in the orifice, if it does not than you know its a propane manifold most likely anyway. It is possible they converted it Weber allowed it in the early days and would sell you a nat gas one but they don't do it anymore.

https://i.imgur.com/aHSoQMv.jpg

Last edited:
Well that is the correct fitting for the grill according to it's apparent age. However until you try it there is no way to know for sure. If you put an LP regulator on it and fire it and it turns into a conflagration well..............................you get the idea

That does not look kosher to me. You may have a bad regulator on it or someone hogged out the orifices or changes something. But you can tell by how far from the burners the flames are blowing there is WAY too much gas and or way too much pressure in there

Well got it together. But I’m guessing since this doesn’t look like my silver b flame that this grill was set up for ng. What do you think?

https://imgur.com/gallery/tur2NLA

Does not look right to me either, my first 1000 had a nat gas manifold they just stuck a propane regulator on it and it burned like an inferno on high. I ended up getting a propane manifold from one of the member's all was good. But a funny thing happened after 6 months it was the original regulator one day when to warm it up had an inferno again. I got the connection listed above thru a charbroil regulator on it that I had kept and all was fine again.

Really I would start with pulling the manifold, take a piece of 16 gauge wire like I said and if it fits in the orifice then its most likely a nat gas manifold or at least the orifices were replaced or drilled out. If you don't have that size wire go down to home depot and buy a foot they should have it by the foot on the giant spools of wire they have.

Those burners look pretty gunked up. Maybe even rotted out. You might want to clean them up or replace them if rotted out and retry the burn. If the holes in the tube are not isolated and well defined, that could be the problem. Better to make sure the burners are not the problem before you start swapping out more expensive parts.

But, yah, in your case, mixed LP and NG parts could also be the issue.

Those burners look pretty gunked up. Maybe even rotted out. You might want to clean them up or replace them if rotted out and retry the burn. If the holes in the tube are not isolated and well defined, that could be the problem. Better to make sure the burners are not the problem before you start swapping out more expensive parts.

But, yah, in your case, mixed LP and NG parts could also be the issue.

They don’t look bad in person. Just discolored. There’s no rot or rust on them.

Thanks for the help guys. I’ll pull the manifold and see what’s going on.

Back