New smoker in Georgia

AndyC

TVWBB Member
Hi Ladies & Gents!

Well, my smoker arrived Wednesday, I assembled it yesterday, and I'm hoping to use it the first time this weekend. I've been grilling for decades, but this is my first attempt at real BBQ.

Thanks ahead for the answers to the many questions I'm fixin' to ask. :D

Best,
Andy

Welcome! There is a wealth of great information here, as you will see. So ask all the questions you want, the answers will probably be here somewhere. ;)

Been here for over 30 years. Atlanta native. You didn't mention what kind of smoker just arrived.

Been here for over 30 years. Atlanta native. You didn't mention what kind of smoker just arrived.

D'oh! I got here via the Virtual Weber Bullet BB, and didn't notice this forum covered other types at first. It was an 18.5" WSM. :)

I took it on its maiden voyage yesterday, and did a couple of racks of baby backs. The family and friends seemed pretty happy, and I'd be lying if I said i wasn't pretty pleased myself. I'd only ever done ribs on a grill before...what a difference!

In fact, this is the first time I even used charcoal since my kids were little. Gas just seemed more practical when time was at more of a premium. I didn't realize how much I missed it!

Back