Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6 Racks of St. Louis Ribs on a 22.5 WSM - Setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwain Pannell View Post
    This guy smoked 9 on an 18”
    Wow; a pretty interesting post from a new member at the time and nothing since a few months later in 2010. I became addicted to this site my first week.

TVWBB Hall of Fame Dwain Pannell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BFletcher View Post
    Wow; a pretty interesting post from a new member at the time and nothing since a few months later in 2010. I became addicted to this site my first week.
    He runs a BBQ site and was probably just posting an advertisement for it incognito.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwain Pannell View Post
    He runs a BBQ site
    Oh, now I see the blog link.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett-Bulldog View Post
    What is the best set up for doing 6 racks of St. Louis cut ribs on a WSM 22.5?

- 3 on the Top Rack, and 3 on the Bottom Rack. I know this will work, its just a pain to get to the ones on bottom.

- I have a rib rack (Weber 6605 Original Rib Rack - Holds 5 racks) I can use. I haven't tried that many, I feel like the ribs in the center of the rack wont be done when the outer ribs are, and possibly get less smoke.

Any recommendations?
    Saturday I used a hanger made for another smoker on the WSM 18 and did 5 racks for my wife's family, could easily fit more although the bottom rib was a bit crunchy (meat past the last bone on the end closest to the coals). I did smoke them for 5.5 hours at 225 that way, next time would probably wrap them after 2-3 hours. So I wouldn't say this is the best way but it was fun.

https://imgur.com/a/isNAG9R

TVWBB Fan
    I've used a rack, but never did more then 3 . but they all cooked the same, lately been hanging them, have the gateway? hanger for the 22, you can fit 6 easy, they all cook the same,
    the bottom ends cook a little faster but don't burn. The last batch of 3 came out very juicy and tender, with no wrapping

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12